National Gun Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,169 Posts
Not a LEO but most of my family seems to be. My favorite cousin is a state trooper. My next favorite cousin is a ret. NYPD and DEA. Another cousin was a local cop and my uncle was a county deputy and my uncle in law was a local cop.
i have nothing but respect for the job they do and the sacrifices they make with family time and holidays. I thought about going into the business but I think my temper would be just a bit too thin. Lol.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Not an active.
Eight years in Russian LE: three in patrol and five in narcotics.
Four tours to Chechnya in 1995-2000.

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts
Former Michigan LEO

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im an Italian policeman (municipal cop) in a city in the north of Italy.
Now Im an Inspector (I belive my rank is equivalent your Lieutenant) but I came in the municipal cop in the 2005 like Agent.
I have mosty worked in the traffic accident unit

·
Premium Member
8,169 Posts
When I was in Italy I noticed that there are at least 5 different police forces all over the cities.
They seem to over lap each other.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I was in Italy I noticed that there are at least 5 different police forces all over the cities.
They seem to over lap each other.
That's right, here there are so many police forces, but is not the same in the USA?
So, I try to summarize...

• State Police (national and international crime, terrorism...)
  • Municipal Police (it's the police of the city, it has competence abot local crime and traffic control, but also investigations)
  • Provincial Police (mostly hunting and fishing guards)
  • Carabinieri (military police with civil power)
  • Guardia di Finanza (military police with civil power, specialized in econimic crimes, it's our customs and border police)
  • Prison Police (only in the prison, obviously)

Historically there is a competition between State Police and Carabinieri, but it dont touch us, we are neutral 😅
It's a really extreme summarization, but our organization it's more complicate...
For exemple, Im in a Municipal Police and usually my limit is the border of the city, but for investigation, when the juge autorize me, I can go everywhere in the country

·
Premium Member
8,169 Posts
We had a Deputy from our local Sheriff’s department go to Italy as part of an Adult Group Study Exchange. She was given a tour of a police station. She was asked if she wanted to try the pistol range. She drilled the target and the Italian Cops were impressed, saying “Oh the Sheriff”!

·
Registered
367 Posts
To all of our local and state LEOs: Thanks yall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
active, former, or retired? just a little curious as i never even noticed we had this section till the past couple of days and it seems pretty dead.
Actively working for the Sheriff's Department, and currently in Detention.
I have to admit, we have a great force and an awesome community. We have our share of no good crack heads and stuff, but overall it's an honor to serve.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts