National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why 20? easy shooting, slim barrel profile, light, good for pheasant and quail also
Why pump? dependable, no messy gas system to clean, recoil systems jam a lot and don't self-adjust for various loads
Why Nova? cheap, well-made, made in Italy by Benelli

What are the best factory 20-ga. loads for dove over decoys in a field at a station?
The only thing I can see wrong with a 20 is it's no good for ducks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I cant help you on the pump 20. My Benelli is a semi, and I took a turkey last year at 35 yards. Great pattern.

My brother shoots a Nova in the 12 and loves it. He’s thinking about adding a 20. I’d do the Super for the upgrades. Money spent on Benelli is well spent.

Benelli semi’s are not gas driven. They are interia driven is pretty clean. Super black eagle is a favorite for duck hunters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I cant help you on the pump 20. My Benelli is a semi, and I took a turkey last year at 35 yards. Great pattern.

My brother shoots a Nova in the 12 and loves it. He’s thinking about adding a 20. I’d do the Super for the upgrades. Money spent on Benelli is well spent.

Benelli semi’s are not gas driven. They are interia driven is pretty clean. Super black eagle is a favorite for duck hunters.

inertia-driven guns might not feed reliably especially with light (dove or target) loads; I've read feeding an interia-drive in a 20 gauge might be more balky due to diminished recoil; pumps feed reliably with any load and in every gauge, even the piddly 410; over/unders are too rich for my blood

I've had my eye on Benelli's Montefeltro semi with silver receiver and engraving; pretty gun, pricey but might not function reliably

my main interest in a 20 is the softer shooting, speaking of recoil; getting in shape for dove season entails a lot a time practicing on a skeet field; lots of shots fired, shoulder and face takes a beating

·
Banned
130 Posts

+1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts