National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It retails close to $2,400 new. Does it even shoot worth a hoot?

Is there an even nicer NEW O/U shotgun on the market for the money?

There are pros and cons to this gun. It might be Lexus-grade but it sure isn't Rolls-Royce grade as far as fit and finish goes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Silver Pigeons shoot fine. I have a friend who shot the 12 for years after being a Citori guy, who the went and bought the 20/28 gauge set in Silver Pigeon III. Loves them to death. Slays birds without missing.

He’s pretty picky. Never heard him complain about fit and finish.. and I think he would. I’ll ask next time I see them.

As far as OU shooters go, the big shooters will take 500 clays in a weekend. 1800 in a year is dabbling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I've been belly aching to buy one. Love the way it sets up. Feel of it.
If you'll bother to notice. There is a left and right handed version. Just a slight offset of the stock.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Most folks find that if a Browning doesn't fit well, the Beretta will - no that one is better or worse, just different. I own Browning O/Us, Beretta gas guns and now a Beretta DT-11. Both the Citori and SP series are great entry level quality O/Us. The 68X series is a well-proven and reliable system.

Reactions: LRDGCO

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
The Silver Pigeons shoot fine. I have a friend who shot the 12 for years after being a Citori guy, who the went and bought the 20/28 gauge set in Silver Pigeon III. Loves them to death. Slays birds without missing.

He’s pretty picky. Never heard him complain about fit and finish.. and I think he would. I’ll ask next time I see them.

As far as OU shooters go, the big shooters will take 500 clays in a weekend. 1800 in a year is dabbling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1800 is maybe a month for me..........

Reactions: mjcmichigan

·
Registered
514 Posts
Beretta 686 is a proven, reliable, entry level target gun. It is good value for money and an excellent choice for someone getting into the clay sports. If one is only going to shoot a few thousand shells a year, you can get away with a decent brand field gun, but if one is serious about the clay sports, the Beretta 680 series and Browning Citori over/under is where reliability starts.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
I have been wanting a Silver Pigeon ever since I saw one at my lgs a year ago!
So go get it! That stimulus check CAN be used in gun stores...............;)(y)

Reactions: mjcmichigan
1 - 9 of 9 Posts