National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in GA, have a CC. All SE states reciprocate except SC and VA. I have family in VA. I leave GA and am legal.
In 75 miles I cross to SC, gun and ammo supposed to be separated and inaccessable. Another 140 miles I hit NC and I'm legal. Soon I cross to VA. Now supposed to separate gun and ammo again and lock away. I try to obey the law and if I get in a wreck and the cops see I violated their "Peaceful Journey" rule I'm busted. Lose my CC in GA. I am in the process of getting a non resident CC in VA but SC requires you to own property to get their non resident CC.
Anybody else have this problem?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whompuss said:
I live in GA, have a CC. All SE states reciprocate except SC and VA. I have family in VA. I leave GA and am legal.
In 75 miles I cross to SC, gun and ammo supposed to be separated and inaccessable. Another 140 miles I hit NC and I'm legal. Soon I cross to VA. Now supposed to separate gun and ammo again and lock away. I try to obey the law and if I get in a wreck and the cops see I violated their "Peaceful Journey" rule I'm busted. Lose my CC in GA. I am in the process of getting a non resident CC in VA but SC requires you to own property to get their non resident CC.
Anybody else have this problem?
I can't speak on any other states, but as far as your case is concerned, you have an option in VA. You do have the option to open carry in VA...all you would have to do is lay the gun in open sight within your vehicle and you are perfectly legal...no need to seperate gun and ammo...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive got ccls for every state except commi fornia on the west coast so i just keep wearing it.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Being from Illinois, I have to keep it locked in the case in the trunk coming and going. Anyone traveling to Illinois will need to do the same thing. No CCL or open carry here. Stay away from Chicago - anti-gun capital of the U.S.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Baldy said:
If I am taking some of my fun guns I put them in cases and the ammo in a zipper hand bag. I carry my defense guns on me. :shock: I am hard headed. The only state we go into where I am not legal is South Carolina. We don't go there but about once a year. :)
Add Illinois to that not-legal list unless you are LEO and then you need to register with the State Police. If you do not take care, Illinois will make your life very difficult.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"I carry my defense guns on me. I am hard headed. "
- baldy

Yup.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I also refuse to travel illegal.... Just get all the info on what I have to do wheb entering other states and do as told... Breaking laws gets people nowhere and just hurts us in the long run.....

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we have to follow the law or we get even stupider ones imposed on every one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts