National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Near the bottom left of the message you want to respond to there are two words. " Reply " and " Reply With Quote " These words are actually buttons. Clicking on either one will allow you to reply.

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
If you're using any kind of script blocker, it may not work as expected.

--Wag--

·
Registered
735 Posts
If you click on Reply with quote the post you are replying to should be a part of the post you sent
This is true.
Did it work???
I can never get the damn thing to work.
Sometimes I have to work it out myself.

Works OK for me!
OK!
If you're using any kind of script blocker, it may not work as expected.
I did not know that, what is a script blocker?
--Wag--
I did not know about the script blocker.

I did this to show you that a lot of quotes can go onto one reply, pretty cool huh? Practice and you will get the hang of quotes.

If you want to reply to a single post, click Reply With Quote, and a window will pop up, for you to write in. I am using Multi Quote, which is hidden until you go to Reply With Quote.
If you want to use Multi sometime, just move your cursor, to the right, from Reply With Quote, and Multi Quote will appear. I had to futz around until I located the Multi function, but it was good practice.

Did this help? Sometimes I answer the wrong question, or I over answer.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Then what do you do after multi-quote is selected?
Select all of the posts that you want to Multi Quote, but on the last post that you quote, use Reply instead, and all of the posts will appear on screen.
You can get caught in a vicious cycle of frustration, if you try to do another way
Ask me how I know, it drove me bloody nuts for a long time, trying to figure things out.

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
Then select reply with quote on each post I want to include? Got it, Thanks!
No, just the last one you want to include. Multi select the ones you want but on the LAST one, click Reply with Quote. OR after you selet the last one, click the blue Reply to Thread button at the bottom of the thread.

--Wag--

·
Registered
735 Posts
No, just the last one you want to include. Multi select the ones you want but on the LAST one, click Reply with Quote. OR after you selet the last one, click the blue Reply to Thread button at the bottom of the thread.

--Wag--
Yosemite, practice it, and you will pick up on it, I Multi Quoted this as practice for myself, and to help show you how to. I screwed it up a few times, myself.
Wag is right, it is the last quote that is tricky. Stop using Multi, and use Reply.

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Click the blue "Reply to Thread" button at the bottom of the thread.

--Wag--
Select all of the posts that you want to Multi Quote, but on the last post that you quote, use Reply instead, and all of the posts will appear on screen.
You can get caught in a vicious cycle of frustration, if you try to do another way
Ask me how I know, it drove me bloody nuts for a long time, trying to figure things out.

--Wag--
Yosemite, practice it, and you will pick up on it, I Multi Quoted this as practice for myself. I screwed it up a few times, myself. Wag is right, it is the last quote that is tricky.
Stop using Multi, and use Reply.
Ah, ok now I've got it.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Then what do you do after multi-quote is selected?
I just copy and paste parts of your message

{QUOTE=Yosemite Sam;1649120} at the beginning of what I want to separate into its own block and then {/QUOTE} Note the message number changes and rather than using the {} brackets I use the [] brackets that are a part of the original post. I do not get the multi-quote option.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts