National Gun Forum banner

541 - 553 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking for a general discussion forum related to my interest in most things 2A and liked what I saw after perusing for a little while.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have been a member of another Second Media gun forum, Defensive Carry, for a while. They recently switched to a new format, the same format this site has, and a feature of this format is it has a Popular Communities box on the right side. This site is one of the communities listed in that box on the DC forum, so I thought I would check it out.

Turns out I had a logon here from 2017. I guess I check this forum out at one time, but had not continued with it. BTW, I would encourage members here to check out Defensive Carry. It's a pretty good forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not to give an answer probably used before, but a simple Google search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This appeared while I was perusing my regular spot at Colt Forum, so I slid on over. It seems to have a similar familiar appearance as the other one, which had a face-plant and a face lift last month. It looks friendly and in control, so I reckon I'll check it out from time to time. I am also oberon on Colt forum. I gotta go read the rules. My guess is that if this place is anything like the other, we should be in polite company.

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
Since I'm a mod, I can say, "rulez schmoolz" like I'd like to. Just treat people well and decently. Those are the best rules.

Welcome aboard.

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I’m amazed how many times this post has been unearthed.

I lurked a few forums and chose the one with the most sensible members. Usually, I join a forum, it’s just one for whatever hobby it is. This one had a higher quality of people. Far fewer members pushing false, misleading and outright dangerous information on firearms. They put up with me so I stayed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I saw it listed o the Florida Concealed Carry forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, nice to e-meet you all. My name is Chang Yang from Asia Malaysia and I am glad to be here with everyone. I haven't had any interaction or understanding about guns. Because it is Malaysia. Gun control. and it is not in our culture. I can fly to vietnam but it is a mess down there. Job wise, I do a modest small job in aircon servicing but I managed to save a bit. If not for the current situation I would have flown to US and got myself to a firing range to try it out. Really have been wanting to try it since birth

Pardon my english as it is not my first language :D
Happy to meet everyone once more

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't worry about your English -- it's better than any other language I can speak. Ask any questions you like, someone has an answer for you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I found it doing some fact checking for a friend who had a blog at the time. It was during the last cycle of mid-term election campaigns.

Afterward, I lurked for a bit and then started posting this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for everyone for your kind words.
I would like to ask, because I am curious?

1. Do people bring guns out on a regular basis? Like a trip to the movies, to the theme park or to work?

2. On average, how many guns does a family have? Do one person have a gun each?

3. How many times have you fired your gun? Or needed to fire your gun?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,933 Posts
1. Yes, those with concealed carry permits do... or should.
2. That depends on the family. I know people who own hundreds of firearms.
3. Hundreds of thousands of times. Needed to shoot? Never as a civilian.

Reactions: Wag
541 - 553 of 553 Posts