National Gun Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
G

·
leeindy said:
gotta love that ruger 10/22 more people have learned to shoot with that girl than probably any other.
That is what infected me with my shooting addiction....was probably 9 or 10....never looked back!

· Registered
957 Posts
Looks like our Dads get most of the blame for our gun addictions, mine too. I grew up with guns in the house, Dad taught me about them, and when I could afford to start buying them, I did. But what country boy doesnt like guns?

G

·
My first real gun to shoot was my uncle's Parker 20. He was shooting an L C Smith 16. A covey of quail got up. We each killed one. Right then I decided that a gun made me equal with a full grown man.

Now nearing 65, my back a shambles, not supposed to pick up over 40#, knees stiff and pop when I walk. I am equal to a younger, stronger man, like my uncle when he taught me to shoot. My gun = equality.

The Great Equalizer: Our Second Ammendment.

G

·
My Dad didn't want anything to do with firearms after he came back from the war (the Real one), so we never had any around the house. The summer I was 8, I went to my Uncle's farm in Pennsylvania for half the summer. He handed me a single shot .22 and a box of bullets, and told me to go shoot crows. That would have been the summer of 1955.

I shot that .22 til I was about 11 and he handed me a .38-40 SAA and turned me loose, then a couple of years later a Winchester .38-40.

I bought my first revolver when I came home from the Army - a Smith Model 36, brand new, to which I added a trigger job and custom grips.

I've had a firearm in my pocket, ever since.

Doug

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.