National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well?

I always wanted a HK USP 45 so i bought one about 6 months later i got my carry permit and said Damn this thing is way to big ..

So i bought a XDSC in 9mm packed it it awhile and decided i wanted more Torque hard to say more horse power with the 45 so i went to a 1911 about 2 weeks into carrying that i had a back injury so i had to go back to the XD but wasn't happy as i figured now i for sure can't fight anyone off nor run and anyone watching me move could tell that

So glock 17 comes into play packed it for about 3/4ths of a year even after back healed up .. Decided i wanted mroe torque again as i was healed and went with a 1911SC wore it out in 800 rounds back to smith twice and nothign fixed so off it went for a lightweight springer

Packed it a while and decided ya know the night sights are nice but i shoot better with a all steel 1911 so back to it i went .. Till I fell on the ice leaving a customers house and managed to tweak back again .. By this time i had aquired a 10mm glock 20 so said hum still lighter than my 1911 steelie and 16 rounds of 10mm so carried it was never happy with my shooting abilty with the glocks so as soon as i healed up right back to 5" springer.. Carried it till i ran across a Colt Commander for a excellent price .. Brought it home did it up way i liked .

The Colt i carried untill i bought my Les Baer Concept VIII Which what i pack now yep long story

Only thing left out if my 38 snubbie which was carried a ton in all of this but was never a EDC except when i could not pack anything bigger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I walked into the arms room and they said, "Barham, you choose this M9!"

I said, "Yes, sergeant!"

"Outstanding!"

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
I had several LEO's tell me to get the Springfield XD and I haven't regretted that choice since.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted a double stack .45 that I could conceal and be 100% reliable.

I wanted the Para NiteHog because of postings I'd read on the net, but GT'ers all said the G30 seems like the answer. No one in Vegas had either to rent, so I drove to Phoenix. There is a gun store at Indian School near I-17 that has a rental counter bigger than every for sale counter in Vegas.

I rented every double stack .45 they had and shot ball and remington 230gn JHP through each.

Only the G30 fired 100% flawlessly.

NiteHog was really bad. That's the gun I almost bought based on others recomendatons.

Bought my MK9 when it got really hot here and I wanted to pocket carry something light and reliable.

MK9 was small leap of faith, but a good one. After the fist 60 rounds, it has proved flawless for 1000 rounds of mixed ammo. It's now my everyday carry, unless I'm in a suit working indoors, the G30 goes for a ride.

Jim

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
I carried a Glock 26 for 8 years - I wanted a gun I could sweat on and not worry about the rust. But, I hated the Glock trigger. ALL Glocks I have owned EXCEPT for the Glock 34 - ALWAYS shot low and left for me no matter how much practice I did. But, I put up w/ it.

Finally in 2005, I discovered the Walther P99 A/S in 9mm. I got hooked on the full size, and thought I'd get the compact (I discovered that they P99s have a tennifer finish like the Glock).

Well, I was very happy with it - I ended up selling my Glock 26 right after.

Since then, I've had the slide hard chromed so I won't suffer from any holster wear. I still shoot the fullsize P99 the best our of any gun I have ever owned. But, with the P99c, I shoot it a lot better than I did that Glock 26!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
started with a 1911 goverment model.. it was okay until i started taking classes and found out how picky they can be. went to an xd40 loved it.. but then i started shooting idpa and ipsc and it started getting tweaked needless to say i wasnt going to carry an xd with 2.3lb trigger mag well and extended controls. so i looked in my case didnt see anything i would trust my life to so i bought an xd45. all my holsters fit and i know the system.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I started with a P-99 in .40SW and trained a LOT with it. It is deadly accurate, dependable, and amazingly comfortable.

Then I moved to a Kimber 1911 because I like the single action, and the large caliber.

I still switch back and forth between the two, depending on the application.

Now I am leaning toward the XD 45. 13 round mags, and I was surprised at the accuracy. It is not as comfortable as the Walther, and for whatever reason, the natural fit in my hand pulls to the 8 o'clock position, but I can overcome that with training, and maybe a grip.

I have a G19 for my ankle. A Sig P-229 in .357Sig on my headboard. HK USP's and Rugers mounted (hide-a-gun) under the dining room table, the desk in my office, and inside the cabinets in the bathrooms and kitchen.

But my all time favorite, just for comfort is the Walther. I carry the Walther cocked because of the DA first shot.

I am going to put the after market triggers components to sweeten the trigger on the XD, so eventually, it will be my carry. Mainly because of the mag capacity.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

This is not my actual gun. The picture is borrowed from Seecamp's forum.

I'm not a LEO, but carry daily while at work. I work in dress slacks, long sleeves, and tie. My job involves getting physically very very close to people, some of them rather shady characters, I must add. Am obligated to always carry a concealed gun "without spooking the horses", so to speak.

Caliber alone may not be the only consideration. I chose Seecamp LWS .32 ACP after several weeks of internet research in which I compared size, weight, caliber, and above all, quality:

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

Seecamp is the gun I carry most comfortably all the time.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I liked the feel and the trigger action of the XD and the M&P is what I first noticed. I noticed alot of XD's are involved in IDPA competition lateley.
Mine as been accurate and reliable, my M&P is still new to me so I have'nt fired many rounds through it yet but so far so good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read the torture test in Guns and Ammo or Shootin' Times, I disremember which, on the XD, Something like 1,000,000 rounds shot out of it in eight months, never cleaned it and abused it horrably, and still NO misfire or malfunction. The gun writer said he was a "died in the wool" Glock man, until then. He now carrys a XD .9mm. I started with a .40 and as soon as they offered a XD in the .45acp I bought one. I do still carry my beloved 1911 from time to time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i want to get a p3at but i need to justify the purchase.... 380 isnt a legal cartridge for pistol competition so.............

some day

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted something reliable, almost indestructable, very compact, enough power for serious self defense, price I could pay: Result-
Glock 26, Meprolite night sights, Gock mag extension giving 12+1 capacity, HydraShok 124 +P+.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts