National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you have more experience with firearms than I do, and know laws pertaining to them better than me.

I want to know how you think future shooting like sandy hook can be avoided.

Please don't mention politicians, just solutions.

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Get rid of the media

Overhaul the school agenda

Get rid of the biased news media

Sorry, but we need a political cleansing and reteach the new ones they work for us and not their own wealth from our sweat.

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
A troll?

·
Super Moderator
14,309 Posts
Maybe just a visitor from another planet.

Alan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neither. I'm from a very liberal/democratic area. i dont hear many opposing viewpoints. I'm completely serious.

·
Super Moderator
14,309 Posts
Well then, find someone in your liberal/democrat area that is not a wuss, afraid of loud noises and the sight of blood. Get them a Glock 17 and four spare mags and make them walk around and around the place where you don't want a further shooting. When one of these mass murdering cowards shows up he can start banging away at them and they'll pee in their pants and fall on the ground.

And THAT is how we can prevent future shootings.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
14,309 Posts
Oh, and I'm completely serious too.

Alan

·
5,082 Posts
Most of you have more experience with firearms than I do, and know laws pertaining to them better than me.

I don't know you from Adam or you me...

But I fought for the rights of all...I have been shot on two different occasions, and I
take you at your position of a concerned American who simply seeks answers at a
time when all of us do, especially grieving parents and relatives who are victims of
an evil act.

You reference your query as per compliance with laws.

I don't have an answer for you, except...I may...when you can tell me exactly how and
why the "laws" of a land and government will.."guarantee" ABSENCE OF EVIL....especially
against an unarmed populace under their control?

Why is there evil...? Why does a drunk drive and kill? Why does a bomber board
a school bus with explosives ..? There are laws.....

It is normal to question and seek answers...however it is essential to remember that
we are an armed Republic not by an Amendment.....those wordings...often confused...
do not grant anything not already allowed and known...only properly disclose and remind
ANY who would negate all other rights.

So, come back and tell me how you would legislate "evil"...and I will caucus with you and
any...

regards,,,,

1shot1k

·
Super Moderator
14,309 Posts
Why do most people argue against more people carrying?
Idunno? You're the one living in a liberal/democrat area. Ask them.

Alan

·
5,082 Posts
Why do most people argue against more people carrying?
And just where would you or any get such info..? When the last state to prohibit
it's citizens such protection was just corrected by a judge....Illinois...

What has proper training, law obidence....and the safety practicing majority...have to
do with "laws" you query or seek to help stop evil and brain damage...?

Are you really seeking answers..or as some suspect....wanting only to cause disdain...?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I will take you for your word that you are serious...

The last question about why people argue against more people carrying.
one reason- A lot of people who don't grow up around firearms only have a view of them through hollywood and the the media. Hollywood shows everyone getting shot and suppresors that completely silence weapons (other such nonsense). They see media stories that only show criminals killing and robbing people, they don't show your average joe that defended themselves, it doesn't push their agenda. They don't show that ccw states saw large decreases in violent crime when ccw's were implemented. They don't show that during the last assault weapon ban violent crime increased (whether it is related or not who knows, there are to many factors). Mass murder rates didn't change during this time(columbine being one of several during the ban).
the best thing you can tell people to do is to turn off the news and turn on their brains.
there is a saying " You never see a shooting at a gun show because everyone is armed", this isn't the wild west, people who take on the responsibility to get their ccw and carry daily are completely able to not get in a shootout or whatever else ignorant liberals see gun owners doing.

about the school agenda
students are taught by a mostly liberal agenda where having a picture of a gun can land you a suspension. When I was in third grade I had to make a collage of what I liked to do and I put a picture of different outdoor activities one of which included a gun, I was sent to the office but thankfully my mom worked there and I got off. teach kids about guns and that they can be dangerous but don't act like they are the essence of all evil, it mostly comes down to the parents teaching their kids but you can't have their teachers undermining what the parents are teaching.
Also the whole gun free zones...... they make sure ccw holders don't carry but criminals aren't ccw holders and don't pay attention to laws... they are criminals. a gun free zone gives a crazy person free rein on unarmed civilians, we don't have law enforcement around every corner. What would work however is to select a few teachers that have either previous firearm training or at least a good head on their shoulders and allow them to carry.
Lastly I will just say that there is a counter argument for everything I have said but hopefully you are intelligent and break through their ignorant outer shell and sink some knowledge into their brains.
Any other questions I will be glad to answer them.... they thought I was a troll from my first post here but I just like to hear different sides as well. I'm a gun owner, daily carrier, and will never be denied my 2nd amendment rights and I'm not the only one around

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
Wow do I really need to resopnd to this thread lol. Luvs, 1shot, Alan, jolly and others have said plenty. If you are SO eager to know answers to your question then use the search engine here. If you want to stand on you falling apart soap box then guess what you and your falling apart soap box will be nfl. The antis/libs/far-left/dems have NOTHING to stand on, thats the truth in this very sad and tragic happening. All they want to do is push the banning firearms with fake tears and emotions (trying to use them to persuade the public) instead of looking at the real problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
so, what specifically about the media is bad?

And what about the school agenda?
Well for starters the smoke had not even cleared before the media started their rants about more gun control. It was disgusting. They had no concrete information, yet took to the airwaves to voice their own misguided opinions about guns. That is a major problem with the media nowadays. Too many opinions and not enough factual reporting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will take you for your word that you are serious...

The last question about why people argue against more people carrying.
one reason- A lot of people who don't grow up around firearms only have a view of them through hollywood and the the media. Hollywood shows everyone getting shot and suppresors that completely silence weapons (other such nonsense). They see media stories that only show criminals killing and robbing people, they don't show your average joe that defended themselves, it doesn't push their agenda. They don't show that ccw states saw large decreases in violent crime when ccw's were implemented. They don't show that during the last assault weapon ban violent crime increased (whether it is related or not who knows, there are to many factors). Mass murder rates didn't change during this time(columbine being one of several during the ban).
the best thing you can tell people to do is to turn off the news and turn on their brains.
there is a saying " You never see a shooting at a gun show because everyone is armed", this isn't the wild west, people who take on the responsibility to get their ccw and carry daily are completely able to not get in a shootout or whatever else ignorant liberals see gun owners doing.

about the school agenda
students are taught by a mostly liberal agenda where having a picture of a gun can land you a suspension. When I was in third grade I had to make a collage of what I liked to do and I put a picture of different outdoor activities one of which included a gun, I was sent to the office but thankfully my mom worked there and I got off. teach kids about guns and that they can be dangerous but don't act like they are the essence of all evil, it mostly comes down to the parents teaching their kids but you can't have their teachers undermining what the parents are teaching.
Also the whole gun free zones...... they make sure ccw holders don't carry but criminals aren't ccw holders and don't pay attention to laws... they are criminals. a gun free zone gives a crazy person free rein on unarmed civilians, we don't have law enforcement around every corner. What would work however is to select a few teachers that have either previous firearm training or at least a good head on their shoulders and allow them to carry.
Lastly I will just say that there is a counter argument for everything I have said but hopefully you are intelligent and break through their ignorant outer shell and sink some knowledge into their brains.
Any other questions I will be glad to answer them.... they thought I was a troll from my first post here but I just like to hear different sides as well. I'm a gun owner, daily carrier, and will never be denied my 2nd amendment rights and I'm not the only one around
Well said!!!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

opinion.........future shootings can not be avoided. But their impact can be minimalized. In this lastest shooting, the State of Connecticut has some of the more strict gun laws in the Nation. From the news sources, all laws had been complied with. What has been largely ignored by the media is the mental health aspect. So much talk about the guns..........glock, sig, and of course the bushmaster. As of this morning there was media talk as well questioning why the mother owned such weapons and almost critisim in the media about the gunman and his family going to shooting ranges. Very little has been discussed about the mental health of the subject. While we hear more cries for gun control and magazine bans and a new assault weapon ban...........we have not heard one word about the failure of the mental health system in this Country.

Now.....as to any future gun control laws that could prevent a repeat? i can not think of a single gun ban or magazine ban that would prevent a repeat of this school shooting episode. A determined individual can do just as much harm with handguns with 10 rd magazines. He could do just as much harm with revolvers........he could do harm with knives or a machette.......a couple of home made molotov coctails.

In short, if a person has set his mind to murder and mayhem, then any object can be chosen as a weapon......and any weapon will be sought out and obtained. In the case of this shooting, stolen from his own mother.

only law abiding citizens will obey gun laws. The criminal element and the mentally unstable element of society will not obey gun laws.

My suggestion as to minimalizing the impact of another school shooting (it can not be prevented) is to either increase school security by having an armed presence........or make a State Law that all teachers are required to be CHL carriers and required to have firearms accessable to them. One can argue later on about gun lockers or on their person.From my understanding, with the level of violence, narcotics, fights, knives, and such found in some schools, it actually might increase student safety to have armed teachers regardless of mass homicide episodes......some of the "students" in middle and high schools are that dangerous.

You do not make criminals out of all gun owners....and you do not scrafice the 2A and punish society as a whole because of some nut case. You do not ask Americans to sacrafice their 2A rights because the govt's failure to tackle the mental health issues and failures to monitor. The "mental difficiency" in a "court" aspect of the background checks is a joke. Mental illness and patient confidentality often times creates barriers of the information making to the NICS system. And there are many dangerous subjects that have gone to State and private mental health institutions on a regular basis...and have never been adjucated in a court as being mentailly ill. This may create arguments as to what constitutes mental illness....but discussing that aspect and taking appropriate action there will perhaps save more lives than any purposed gun legislation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts