NGF Ammo Day?

• Sure, it gives me a reason

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets make a day of the month that we go out and buy some ammo. I just got ahold of a rumor from another forum and thought I would spread it.

ANOTHER price hike on the way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Springmom and I were in Gander Mtn the other day getting some reloading powder and a couple other necessities of life, and got to chatting with the sales guy about rolling our own, He mentioned that more and more folks are doing that now, what with the price of factory ammo these days, and then told us that there is another price hike coming, they've been told it will take effect November 1.

Time to stock up now, boys and girls!

How about every 30th of every month we buy ammo. Nice way to support the second and stock up on ammo.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Sure, I'll do it. I need some 7.62X39 anyway.

Oh, do reloading components count?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I'll buy components. I don't buy commercially loaded ammo.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
As if I need another reason to buy ammo :!:
What day do you have in mind :?:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Works for me I love visiting the gun store and checking out all the goodies!

How about you getting into the ammo business and selling to us on a big discount! ;) ;)

G

·
:cool: -I'm sure it's a good idea, but RIGHT now Big 5 is having a sale on Remington .22LR, brick of 525 for $11 bucks, hasn't been that cheap for 1 yr--

:--- :--- --JIMBO

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm running low on cash right now. Maybe in a couple months after I get my 03A3 paid off and some more money on my Glock I'll be able to invest in some new .30-06 and .308 ammo. I need to get some more .45ACP and 12 ga as well. I'm down to 2 boxes of .308 and .30-06, 25 12 ga slugs (doesn't do me any good...no slug barrel), and 64 rounds of .45ACP. The only thing I'm sitting fairly well on is .22LR and only because you can get a couple hundred rounds for less than 10 bucks.

My problem is I'm very picky on what .30 cal ammo i buy. I only buy Federal Premium. Federal Gold Medal Match 178 grain for my .308 and Federal VitalShok 180 grain for my .30-06.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Wal-mart and Fishermans Marine both have bricks of Federal 22 for under $10, 525 quanity.

American Eagle was about $11 for 22 cal.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Well, I did my part. I just ordered a 1000 rounds of 7.62X39 mail order. If past order history holds true, the package should arrive on the 30th!

I always love it when the UPS guy delivers a case of ammo to my door. The guy on my route is a Somali who left in a hurry because as a Christian he and his family were in peril. He gets annoyed because my boxes of ammo weigh so much. He calls me his favorite gun-nut customer. :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts