National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crews were sent to Hale Street near Butler Avenue shortly after 8 p.m., and found a twin home completely destroyed.

“Out back smoking a cigar and then a bomb went off,” one neighbor said. “Just dust, debris, houses flying everywhere, an air conditioner in the yard. So I came out and looked and there’s no more house left. The whole twin is gone.”
4 People Killed, 2 Possibly Unaccounted For In Pottstown House Explosion, Officials Say

Another man said he went to the scene after the explosion shook him from five miles away.

Vegetation Plant Urban design Biome Building

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,104 Posts
Five dead, two seriously injured. Fire officials say they believe the explosion was an “isolated incident”.

·
Registered
16,768 Posts
Five dead, two seriously injured. Fire officials say they believe the explosion was an “isolated incident”.
Until the 2 injured are out on cashless bail and well enough to start the operation again.

·
Registered
Have had guns since 1950. Own pistols, rifles, and carbines. Shoot regularly as I can weather permit
421 Posts
I think that this was no Meth connection. Nor do neighbors it seems. Four of the dead are innocent little children.
Similar to the children shot at Uvalde. This thread I am done with! I have respect for the dead.

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

- One neighbor told 69 News the smell of gas in the neighborhood has been a concern for years, and that the fire department had been called several times.

When asked about that report during a news conference last week, Pottstown Borough Manager Justin Keller said it was something investigators were looking into.

Crews with the utility company PECO were removing several large pipes from under Hale Street on Tuesday. The company said it was "retiring infrastructure."

- PECO said it received the reports on Monday in the area of Hale and Jefferson streets, about two blocks away from the site of the explosion.

A spokesperson says crews responded within 30 minutes and made repairs.

- Pottstown Fire Marshal and Fire Chief Frank Hand said Wednesday a meth lab can be ruled out as a cause for the house explosion in Pottstown last week that killed four kids and their grandmother.

Authorities are still investigating the cause of the explosion. Hand said Tuesday investigators are finished collecting evidence from the scene and will now review the evidence in the coming days. No timeline has been set for when a cause might be announced.

Reactions: Coalcracker
1 - 9 of 9 Posts