National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
At my gun club ( 5000 members ) all these tricks come up all the time.. ( as if the OP of this tread ) was the first person to invent this " Cheap alternative " ... I would have stopped posting in this thread, but because this " child " Attacked my input and disrespected me.. I felt it important for him to know that I don't handle disrespect well... After 50 years of personal carry over my 70 years old life.. I have some experiences to offer to Men and woman who come to this forum.. not tle children with the cry baby gene.
AS you can see, in this very small thread, another member agreed that the tape does loose its adhesiveness over time.. but then we actually use our guns.. not throw them in a box..to collect dust. or to take them out to show that they own a gun.
Never claimed to invent anything, this product has been around for a very long time. The xds however is a rather new firearm and I've seen and heard in various places people asking about talon grips and making your own for them so since I purchased an xds and love talon I thought I'd try making my own and happened to find the exact material talon happens to use. You have offered no experience other than a theory you conjured up yourself. The only thing Kansas said was if it lifts which is common especially if they are overlapped. You have spewed garbage on to this thread and continue to do so. You are saying because you are 70 and a little angry that it gives you the right to act CHILDISH and IMMATURE? You have given no facts only theory. Ask any of your 5000 members that own talon grips what their opinion is. Just because you and a couple friends don't like them doesn't mean everyone else has to share your opinion. Also your OPINION doesn't hold merit over anyone else especially in the manner you try to express that opinion as if because of your age you know all better than everyone because you were an engineer 30 years ago. Did I ever deny that you need to replace them? Did I ever say they stay on forever? Maybe the age is affecting your ability to read and understand everything. Why is it that just because you are embarrassing yourself and now frustrated that gives you reason to believe my EDC is in a box or being shown off when I have carried many firearms that have experienced neither scenario for the past 5 years that I have been able to carry legally. You seem to be the only one crying in a thread you clearly shouldn't be on because now everyone had to read this useless smut because you're old and bitter sir.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Many people don't want to effect the integrity of a stock gun, and many don't install correctly but like to blame manufacturer

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That person was also talking about dawson, maybe your age is affecting vision too? We are talking about talon. Your argument has fallen apart on all angles sir just give up.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Ballistic? Relax no one is attacking you.

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Never claimed to invent anything, this product has been around for a very long time. The xds however is a rather new firearm and I've seen and heard in various places people asking about talon grips and making your own for them so since I purchased an xds and love talon I thought I'd try making my own and happened to find the exact material talon happens to use. You have offered no experience other than a theory you conjured up yourself. The only thing Kansas said was if it lifts which is common especially if they are overlapped. You have spewed garbage on to this thread and continue to do so. You are saying because you are 70 and a little angry that it gives you the right to act CHILDISH and IMMATURE? You have given no facts only theory. Ask any of your 5000 members that own talon grips what their opinion is. Just because you and a couple friends don't like them doesn't mean everyone else has to share your opinion. Also your OPINION doesn't hold merit over anyone else especially in the manner you try to express that opinion as if because of your age you know all better than everyone because you were an engineer 30 years ago. Did I ever deny that you need to replace them? Did I ever say they stay on forever? Maybe the age is affecting your ability to read and understand everything. Why is it that just because you are embarrassing yourself and now frustrated that gives you reason to believe my EDC is in a box or being shown off when I have carried many firearms that have experienced neither scenario for the past 5 years that I have been able to carry legally. You seem to be the only one crying in a thread you clearly shouldn't be on because now everyone had to read this useless smut because you're old and bitter sir.
I went to another forum randomly.. I don't know anyone there.. I posted four comments about gun tape... that were negative... BTW I am Still and Engineer... the schooling and my two degrees in Mechanical engineer in and Energy Management and tenure does not leave you when you retire.. I made one simple comment on the negative side of using tape. from first hand experience and from others both in this forum and in others.. you cant handle the fact that some one said something negative about the tape.. and you pout like a child.. Immature<??? childish..?????? go look in the mirror and read over my first few posts.. the only one that took this thread into the toilet was you... I find in todays world.. 2015.. todays " Young " adolescents have little or no respect for adults ( Todays children think they know it all ) .. these comments you make here Junior, are typical of todays youth.

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Ballistic? Relax no one is attacking you.
larry.... I made one simple comment about the tape, and this guy has been disrespecting me .. ever since... its obvious to me the guy can not handle any feedback that might help someone make the decision not you use tape... A real man would have either let my comment go...or thank me for the input.. instead this guy attack me and my character.. maybe you might roll over. but I wont.. " ever"...

1 comment.. the tape can get lose over time... is it a fact.. you bet it is... did I make it up? no. I experienced it as did others from other forums.. I even posted them...

1 comment , hardly an all out attack...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We are just sick of old men that think they know everything. If you're such an engineer you know variables change all the time so something you thought you knew has completely changed now. What variables came in to play with these very few negative comments? Your first comments made it seem as though 1 long day at the range will be enough to ruin the grip and implied that it would somehow affect a self defense scenario somehow. You're the only one pouting, in 2015 if you want respect give respect. Don't start by bashing a simple product that hundreds love and then tell me to respect my elders the next day. Maybe you think you're not retired but we are all now well aware of it because why would you be trying to argue on a firearm forum at 10:30am on a Tuesday if you're such an active engineer? And sir I'm sorry to tell you that stuff does leave you. You may think you're as sharp as day one but we all deteriorate eventually like many fine products everything loses its luster including people. No can you please stop embarrassing yourself. Elders always have to try and force their will.

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
We are just sick of old men that think they know everything. If you're such an engineer you know variables change all the time so something you thought you knew has completely changed now. What variables came in to play with these very few negative comments? Your first comments made it seem as though 1 long day at the range will be enough to ruin the grip and implied that it would somehow affect a self defense scenario somehow. You're the only one pouting, in 2015 if you want respect give respect. Don't start by bashing a simple product that hundreds love and then tell me to respect my elders the next day. Maybe you think you're not retired but we are all now well aware of it because why would you be trying to argue on a firearm forum at 10:30am on a Tuesday if you're such an active engineer? And sir I'm sorry to tell you that stuff does leave you. You may think you're as sharp as day one but we all deteriorate eventually like many fine products everything loses its luster including people. No can you please stop embarrassing yourself. Elders always have to try and force their will.
We, so you are speaking for this forum now..???? you've been here a few days, and are disrespectful to Seniors who come here with a lot of knowledge and wisdom... I have news for you little boy.. this forum is filled with knowledgeable retired and senior men and women.... All I said was the tape glue gets lose.. and that makes me a know it all... you don't have the right or honor to suck the sweat off my jock strap/ let alone carry my tools. A smart man would listen to a man who has been around the world and not act so much like an disrespectful little boy..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We, so you are speaking for this forum now..???? you've been here a few days, and are disrespectful to Seniors who come here with a lot of knowledge and wisdom... I have news for you little boy.. this forum is filled with knowledgeable retired and senior men and women.... All I said was the tape glue gets lose.. and that makes me a know it all... you don't have the right or honor to suck the sweat off my jock strap/ let alone carry my tools. A smart man would listen to a man who has been around the world and not act so much like an disrespectful little boy..
No I meant young people are tired of it because it gets old. I do appreciate all the knowledge of elders and respect the ones that deserve respect. but you don't deserve sweat off my brow. All I see is a grumpy old man, pipe down unless you have something useful to say. Atleast I have the excuse of being young and dumb you just look pitiful at this point. Take an aspirin and get that heart rate down. You lost an argument get over it. Just realize that next time you should be careful of what you say if you can't take the blow back. I gave plenty of polite and straight forward responses and you wanted to keep arguing next time just back down when you're wrong

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
I did not loose anything. You just pointed out that you have no respect ...You are just an young, immature asswipe who thinks he knows something about life when in fact you obviously were brought up in a trouble house.. Good parent would have taught you to respect those who are older and wiser.. Do yourself a favor read over the first 6 post... OH BTW how do I know you are just a young kid??? Its because I'm older and wiser than you and your immaturity sticks out like dog crap on your shoes.. You're just too dumb to know it...
OK im done with this thread and this little boy.,. who should not be on a forum where grown ups discuss things point out the good and bad of things presented... I tried to teach you something about looking for the negatives in a project.. But you took it as a personal attack.. typical of a child desperately trying to be a grown up... You can go on and believe you won something here.. but in reality you didn't win a thing.. you just pointed out that you are just a young immature kid, ..... not worth anyone's time... at least not mine...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I did not loose anything. You just pointed out that you have no respect ...You are just an young, immature asswipe who thinks he knows something about life when in fact you obviously were brought up in a trouble house.. Good parent would have taught you to respect those who are older and wiser.. Do yourself a favor read over the first 6 post... OH BTW how do I know you are just a young kid??? Its because I'm older and wiser than you and your immaturity sticks out like dog crap on your shoes.. You're just too dumb to know it...
OK im done with this thread and this little boy.,. who should not be on a forum where grown ups discuss things point out the good and bad of things presented... I tried to teach you something about looking for the negatives in a project.. But you took it as a personal attack.. typical of a child desperately trying to be a grown up... You can go on and believe you won something here.. but in reality you didn't win a thing.. you just pointed out that you are just a young immature kid, ..... not worth anyone's time... at least not mine...
You keep making yourself look like the idiot for carrying on this thread is dead already because of you I did go back all I see is you trying to impose your stubborn will because you don't like talon grips for whatever reason the whole time I've stayed consistent in saYing I know they wear down and you do need to replace them but you made the obnoxious claim that 100 rounds will cause it to get too hot and move around which is 100% false I just ran 300 rds through it today with a bunch of consistent rapid fires and guess what? It still looks like it did when I put it on. Your argument fell through so you tried to keep some dignity only for it to bite you in the ass. Good day to you and I hope you have fun being a bitter old man. Maybe people would be more receptive if you didn't come at the from such a negative direction

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You took the focus of the thread off of my work and off the topic. This thread was never about performance or quality or even a review for that matter it was simply a thread on a how to project that you trolled and ruined like online trolls do to every forum and it's sad that people like you ruin forums for young enthusiasts because you have your own opinion that you try to push on others stating exhagurated false claims.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
My goodness, everybody just needs to hug, for the record you both lost, nobody got anything positive out of this. were are the mods?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,775 Posts
Personal attacks, be they direct and overt or be they snide and backhanded, will stop.

If they do not stop... well, actions have consequences.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts