National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it goes I was just listening to a radio station back home and It made me home sick :cry: as the only time I hear a Aussie accent is when I ring my Mum or a Mate of mine I've been here a year and a half and some times I wonder why. But then I then look at my wife and think yes I did the right things :-B-: Ok I'll stop crying into my beer :-B-: :-B-:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
How long have you been stateside and how often are you able to make it back home?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
If I ever left the states I'm certain that I'd feel the same way. Heck, I'm thinking of moving away from the area I grew up in and have been putting it off for that very reason.

Were you listening to a station on the internet? Care to share it with us, I've never listened to Australian radio.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Like all things. It gets better with time. After a few years your new home turns into home.

Hope all is well with you. I do one hell of an Aussie impression. Or you could just watch Outback Steakhouse commercials all day long. ;)

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
(best Australian accent)
Haow ta spaeek Auostrailyin:

Gyuppaye (Guppy)

(Cue picture of shark.)

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
AussieRogue said:
Ok here it goes I was just listening to a radio station back home and It made me home sick :cry: as the only time I hear a Aussie accent is when I ring my Mum or a Mate of mine I've been here a year and a half and some times I wonder why. But then I then look at my wife and think yes I did the right things :-B-: Ok I'll stop crying into my beer :-B-: :-B-:

I know the feeling!!! But you're much luckier than I am, you can at least go home, or at the very least visit. My country is so screwed-up that I would never go back. Even the little family that I still have living there tell us not to even think about it.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gunrnr said:
How long have you been stateside and how often are you able to make it back home?
I've been here for a year and 4 months yes I can go home but not at the moment finances are not good at the moment

as for the radio station back home the site is

http://www.2gb.com.au

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts :-B-:

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Here's what my wife tells me when I get a little down. "Go to the range and shoot some" :--- . I take her words to heart and when I come home I always feel better. :-B-:

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I think you should do as Baldy said! He is a very sage and wise old man! Forget the old part, (I could have deleted it, but it wouldn't had the same haha impact, sorry Baldy)
I don't attempt foreign accents, so you are safe there.
I do however do a "great John Wayne", “Well let me tell ya pilgrim?" Pretty good huh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts