National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of holsters that I notice when I bend down the gun has a tendancy to slip out. Now I know that I am not a skinny guy so that has to contribute, but I do worry that if I bend over to pick up my keys or something else that I drop that the gun could pop out of the holster.

Do you prefer a holster with a snap retention strap on one of the button click devices??

Your opinion?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I got my primary holster years ago.

I cannot recall the maker.

The whole rig comes off with the gun still in the holster, locks onto a belt bracket.

The gun requires that you push a release right where your thumb naturally falls when gripping it. Can't fall out, can't be taken out unless you know exactly where to push.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last year I bought a holster made by Bianchi that is for my Sig 245 and it has a snap and release lever down where your thumb hits the holster. Nice rig at a good price.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Speaking of retention holsters.....Ya'll remember the airline pilot that discharge his firearm in the cockpit a couple weeks ago?

http://www.crimefilenews.com/

scroll down a little to the story beside the picture of the twin towers, read and watch the video. No wonder his firearm discharged, I cant believe it doesnt happed more often!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I did read a similar article soon after the event and I agree -- leave it to the FAA to screw up a two-car funeral!

Regarding retention/holsters, I test the hell out of mine, having seen more than one red-faced off-duty cop or plainclothes officer. Most of mine have thumb break safeties, but not all. The little cordura holster I recently got for my Kel Tec works perfectly with that 11.6 oz. pistol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts