National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a holster that is good for concealing a Star PS? I know it's not the ideal gun for carrying concealed but it's my only option at the moment until I can get my hands on a S&W Airweight .38 any input is welcomed.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Star is close enough in size to the Colt ( Officers model or Commander) so look for an inexpensive or used holster on CL or the auction sites.
If you give us an idea of your size and stature, we may be able to give a more definitive recommendation.

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm 6' tall around 290lbs. Not quite sure what else you need but I'm built like a football player (lineman to be specific lol)

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,141 Posts
Look at holsters designed for the 1911 (any manufacturer). Pick the one you like. Check it out at your Local Gun Store (LGS).

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,141 Posts
I was curious if the 1911 holsters would work. So I assume by your post Popeye that they will? Thanks for the input.
The fit may not be perfect but I'm afraid its as close as you're gonna get without spending a lot of money. This is why I said. "Check it out at your LGS".

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
There's an Army Navy store clear across town that I like to frequent. They have a good selection, as if I stocked the store, and good prices. I buy what I can from them when I can. For odd holsters they have an amazing junk pile of old(er), outdated holsters. I bring a gun I want a holster for and with their permission I try the fit on various holsters. I'm not familiar with all the brands and sizes so I eyeball it and if it's close and a style I like I try it on.

If you're buying first quality you may end up paying more than an online purchase but what you get is a sure fit and you support your local gun shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts