National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and new to owning a revolver. I just bought a Ruger .44 magnum Redhawk 4". I was wondering where I can find a good holster for that gun. Ruger has them on their web site, but wasn't sure if that is the best way to go.

Would like to hear if anyone has this gun and what holster fits it. I am just looking for a holster to attach to my belt. I want something that shapes the gun and fits it perfectly so I can pull the gun quickly if needed. This is not my concealed gun. It will be used for hunting and hiking in the Rocky Mountains.

Thanks for any feedback you may have!
Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Brian and a warm welcome to our Forum, we're not the biggest but the friendliest. Glad you signed up.

First, let me congratulate you on your new Ruger. The Redhawk .44 is THE best wheelgun for the $$, IMHO. It's tough and will take a beating and keep on shooting.
There are a lot of holsters out there. You can get a nylon Uncle Mike's for $15 or pay $100+ for a Haugen. For my money I would encourage you to consider a Rob Leahy. It's about mid range for a real nice molded leather, protects the handgun in the heavy brush and feels good. The website is http://www.simplyrugged.com/store/index.html
Hope you find a home here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts