National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will first admit that I am a bit ignorant so I have this question.
I have seen many photos lately of "professional" shooters holding their rifles. The firing hand is in the expected position, but, I see the non firing hand held way out on the barrel guard with the are nearly straight. Why??? This does not seem to be stable in a nonsupported firing position. My limited experience in the military tells me to keep both elbows in close to use the body as support. Can someone please give me a coherent explanation?

·
Aim true !
10,340 Posts
Everyone has their favorite way to hold a rifle when shooting. Try different ways and see what works best for you.

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
A long arm is much better if you have to move the gun either on moving targets or moving the gun to various targets......just ask a shotgunner

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. That makes sense. I do prefer the short grip shown in the second video, based on my deployments with Special Operations. I will be looking for professional training soon.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I was watching that last video while watching "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty". That guy looks like the guy that took over Life mag, Adam Scott.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
he's back!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts