National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on season 2 of History Channel’s hit competition show TOP SHOT. Producers are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons. It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s next “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email [email protected] with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is August 12, 2010. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on “CASTING” or call 818-478-4570 for more information TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just a little advice. Get rid of all the highschool drama bullcrap from that show, and you will have a lot more viewers. The show right now is basically a "big brother" or similar drama show with a little bit of good shooting. I cant even stand watching it.

No offense, just an honest opinion. I think the show could be awesome. Ive tried to watch it several times but just end up turning off the tv and going to bed every time.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I have to agree.

I recorded the series on TiVO and was really looking forward to seeing it. After watching a little more than half of the first installment, I jumped to the second one to see whether it was as lame. It was and I have since deleted the lot of them.

The shooting component could have been presented in a manner interesting enough to hold interest. As the series was done, frankly I was disappointed.

If I want to watch a soap opera...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I kinda agree, but that is the nature of reality shows. Not enough drama and backstabbing, not enough people watch. The challenges have been interesting, and the variety if weapons is cool so far. Can't help but wonder how someone like me would do, even though I know I can't compete with those guys, but that is the goal of the show as well. I'll keep watching!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have had two major surgeries in six months.
Stopped smoking after 42 years.
On breathing medications and short of breath.
and besides the, I ain't never won diddley shrimp.

Guess I'll just sit and watch it on TV.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah I really think the show could be a really good one. I remember watching some other show on the history channel about shooting, I think it was called sharpshooters or something. I was glued to the TV screen. I dont think the producers realize that soap opera drama shows are gonna be watched by a totally different type of person than someone who collects and shoots guns. If they make the show more about shooting stuff, and less about he said she said backstabbing drama crap, it could be an awesome show.

As for the shooting parts, they were kinda cool, but I still felt like I was watching survivor.

Hopefully they realize that for next season.

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
I was hoping there was not going to be another, this show is terrible. Not what I thought it would be...top shot to me means NO TEAMS, "MTV Real world / SURVIVOR", NO "SOAP OPERA" DRAMA, and NO REALITY TV SHOW. I guess my views on how it should be done is not how hollywood thinks it should be, go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I was going to start a thread on this very topic until i found this hijacked one. Top Shot is unwatchable. It's 95% high school B.S., 4% product placement, and 1% actual shooting footage/anything interesting. The host is a straight up jerk. The voting method where they shoot the person's target to vote for them.....the target stand is at the edge of a cliff!?!? I can watch an MTV reality show for a longer period of time without having to turn it off.

·
1911 addict
1,040 Posts
I watch 1 episode and was left very disappointed. I can go to about any other channel and find some crappy so called reality show to get that kind of drama but I don't. If it were a show of just some really good shooting competition then it might hold my interest. Oh and I'm pretty sure my eyes have deteriorated enough I couldn' compete at that level anyway.

·
It's Just My 2¢
5,118 Posts
There is a show about snippers that's on every once in a while. The last one had some guys that were in Iraq and the longest verified kill shot to date. Then they recreated the shots on a target range and the shooter(s) was able to repeat the shots. Incredible!
Wish I was half as good

·
Registered
826 Posts
There is a show about snippers that's on every once in a while. The last one had some guys that were in Iraq and the longest verified kill shot to date. Then they recreated the shots on a target range and the shooter(s) was able to repeat the shots. Incredible!
Wish I was half as good
Yep, I think thats the show I was talking about, called sharpshooters! Even if it wasnt, I watched it because I remember that longest kill story. I think it was like 1.5 miles away!

·
It's Just My 2¢
5,118 Posts
Yep, I think thats the show I was talking about, called sharpshooters! Even if it wasnt, I watched it because I remember that longest kill story. I think it was like 1.5 miles away!
That's the one. A taste over 1.5 miles

The longest range recorded for a sniper kill currently stands at 2,475 m (2,707 yd) and was achieved by CoH Craig Harrison, a sniper from the Household Cavalry of the British Army. It was accomplished in an engagement in November 2009 in which two stationary Taliban machine gunners were killed south of Musa Qala in Helmand Province in Afghanistan with two consecutive shots by CoH Harrison using an Accuracy International L115A3 Long Range Rifle chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills

I was confusing that one with the one where the shooter plinked the Iraq dude that was shooting off the lanai of that hotel room on about the 4th floor. Another incredible shot

·
Concerned Patriot
398 Posts
Just a little advice. Get rid of all the highschool drama bullcrap from that show, and you will have a lot more viewers. The show right now is basically a "big brother" or similar drama show with a little bit of good shooting. I cant even stand watching it.

No offense, just an honest opinion. I think the show could be awesome. Ive tried to watch it several times but just end up turning off the tv and going to bed every time.
Agreed hate that show and hopefully anyone the interview for the next seasion tell them this.

·
Banned
174 Posts
i actually thought top shots was going to feature skilled shooters, silly me, put a group of drama queens together, give them guns and set up some challenges, gimme a break. even as the first event unfolded, and they couldnt hit a target at 50 meters with an 06 springfield rifle i began to smell something in the air, and it wasn't gun powder. i've seen better shooting, sportsmanship and manners at a boy scout summer camp firing bb guns. seriously. as to season #2, that about says it all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts