National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This always makes me laugh out loud!

I am reading an article in the new American Rifleman magazine about the Nighthawk Custom T-3 ACP pistol. Its a beautiful 45 to be sure and I would love to own one. But....the author makes the following statement: "Nighthawk pistols are frequently used for concealed carry, and the T-3 was designed with the role in mind!!"

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................the price of this pistol is $2,700 folks. I am never going to pack a $2,700 pistol on my hip and toss it on the ground and give it up to the police in the event of a defensive shooting. Maybe the author is loaded with money and can afford to lose a gun of this value but not me. Not on your life. I want this to be my extra special pistol I pull out of my safe to take to the range and impress everyone I don't know.

I pack an inexpensive Kel-tec, Glock or other $300-600 in gun value so I won't have a heart attack if I never get it back in the event I have to use it to protect myself or my loved ones.
For that money I can get reliable and accurate enough. I don't need a pistol that can shoot the buds off a cherry tree at 100 yards to carry with me all day. Damn thing weighs almost 40 oz! Need a set of wheels with it to pack it.

Your thoughts folks????

Reactions: phiya

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I look at this like cars. If you can afford the Jaguar or Benz, and that is what you want, well who are we to say anything. But if all you can afford is a Ford or Chevy, well thats ok too.

It is all a matter of degrees.

All in all, I agree. Like cars, people often pay too much for firearms because of what they are.

G

·
I agree to. Unless I'm planning to have a battle that would probably end my life thus I want to bring the best weapon I can afford, for daily use I would use a reasonable price handgun.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
I can hit anything that I need to hit with my XD, why would I want to put something that anyone and everyone wants to steal on my hip instead?

+1 sig.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
+1

It's one thing to have a nice expensive gun on your nightstand, but another to have it in your holster! I agree that it's better to carry something that you are not that concerned with, as opposed to a firearm that you just love! What do they say: Easy come, easy go........

G

·
I'm starting to suspect some gun writters are slightly out of touch with the majority of people. Me and my friends are by no means the majority, but we'd never spend that much on a gun. I enjoy reading about these fine guns, but I have a feeling most of these super expensive guns spend their time in the safe, not the holster.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
$2700? $2700!?!? Shoot. I'm going to end up concealing it anyways, no one will see it. Think of all the carry guns I could get with $2700.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Another thing that needs to be kept in mind is pretty simple. The tighter the tolerances, the more prone the gun has to malfunction - not opinion, fact. I own race guns and target pistols that if I do everything right will knock the eye out of a sparrow at 25 yards. Those are not the guns I will use as a carry piece. I want the battle rattle that will go bang every time the trigger is pulled.

G

·
2700.00 - i'll take a Kimber custom, a S&W ultra light 38 wheel gun, a kahr pm 9 and a ruger LCP - That should leave enough money left over for 500 rds of ammo for each and a nice leather holster or two for each.... LOL these poeple are nuts!

Theoldman says - not a wise move weedhopper

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
I know a dude that once carried a Wilson Combat... about 2K worth.

A week or so went by... and as he went to sit in his car one day, he put a massive gouge in the side of the slide by hitting the door catch... he still cries about it till this day.

My most expensive carry gun ran about $600. All my "top-shelf" firearms are never "carried", and only come out of the safe for range time... and cleaning.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I've had SEVERAL cars worth less than $2700. Would you walk around with that kind of cash in your pocket? How about a watch? Mr. T style gold necklaces? I'd want 2 more guns on my ankles and a friend running surveilance on my 6 to walk around with a pistol like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts