National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Aaron and I'm a new member! I just recently received my conceal carry after having turned 21 and I've had so many questions I figured this would be a good place to start. I've always been familiar with guns and hunting and it's always been a pretty big hobby of mine. So I guess my first question would be what gun do you carry and why? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Greetings and Welcome to the Forum

Sup newb.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome from Iowa.

I see you have already reviewed the sticky started by Popeye some time ago on ten rules for picking a concealed carry handgun, which is a good start. There are several other postings in the CCW section. Most of them will tell you that one of the most important factors is that the gun "fits" your hand (what is most comfortable for you. The best way to determine this is to go to as many guns stores/shows as possible and handle as many handguns as possible to learn your proper fit. For me that came down to a Glock 23 .40 caliber carried in an inside the waist-band holster. Most people either love or hate Glocks, and 35 years ago I would have told you that I would never buy a "plastic" handgun. Yet, for me this ended up being the best fit due to several factors. I do sometimes switch to a Springfield XD9 9 mm with 3 in. bbl. I wanted to like the Glock model 26 or 27, but they are simply too small for my hand, and therefore not comfortable.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Welcome Aaron. You turned to the right place. Any question you have will be answered. Have you taken an NRA Gun Safety Class yet? That is my first advice to any new shooter.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Greetings from the GREAT WHITE NORTH and welcome to the forum

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,468 Posts
Welcome from NC!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts