National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just to say Hi from UK. You might or might not know that we can't own handguns here. With reservations they allow lunatics to own air-rifles, hunting-rifles and cross-bows! They even give some of the Cops Semi-automatic weapons. (I don't mind that, long as they don't point them at me. As a retired Cop, I know how dangerous some of those guys can be.)

Anyhow, as a result a struggling writer like me finds it difficult to find out about guns, so I hope I can learn something here ??? :|
All the best and thanks for listening.

John Hook :-B-:

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Welcome John!

My hubby hails from Wales, and I'm from South Africa and we're living here in the USA..... Nice to have you here and hope we can answer any questions you may have.

Thought about going to the UK, but the "no guns" thing kinda put us off!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello John Hook
Welcome to the forum. We have members that are Brits, Aussies and others that can't have a hand gun.
My daughter in law is a Brit, married to my second son who is Air Force OSI. She carries a Sig 232 and is glad to be across the pond.

Hope you stay 'round and chat us up. You are most welcome :i:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Good day to you.

Welcome.

My mother was British--WWII bride.

I still have lots of family across the pond.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum, John -- Glad to have you here!

~Rick
a/k/a "The Gunrunner"

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone...
Just to say thank you for the welcome posts. I got kind of busy as She Who Instantly Must Be Obeyed (SWIMBO) wants some redecoration done around the house! Well, at least I will be able to take all the PC junk back to my Den upstairs!

Now for one question....

Is the Colt Peacemaker still produced, as a new weapon? I rather thought they were all antiques nowadays and I need to have my character staring down the barrel of one such revolver. Readers want the techie details to be correct so there's not much point in describing an antique Peacemaker as looking well-kept, if they are still in current production. If you catch my drift. I might as well use something less exotic like a Magnum! -I Okay, I know a Magnum is pretty exotic, but having my 'baddie' use a Colt is 'different'. ;)

Thanks folks and stay quick and lucky.

John :-B-:

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
The Colt Single Action Army (Peacemaker) is available from the Colt Custom Shop as a new revolver.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Welcome to NGF.

I hope you put up some links to the script that you are working on when you finish it.

We all have lots of questions from time to time about the demise of the gun laws in the UK so I hope you will visit often.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts