National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some about safety about makarov...Please explain for me some question :
1. With the makarov ...could we pull and release the slide of makarov repeatedly for the bullet escape out of the window of slide ?
2. Could the makarov use the 9mm blank amo ?
3. did when the bullet inner the barrel of Makarov ...the bullet will fit the floating firing pin ...so when trigger active the hammer ... the firing pin will also active the primer will active the bullet ? Because I see when without bullet the firing pin will move...so when the hammer active will not right the firing pin position.
Thank you very much !

·
Registered
793 Posts
Welcome to the National Gun Forum.

Makarov ammo (9X18mm) is usually about .010 wider than 9x19mm(9mm Luger, or "parabellum') and 9X17mm(AKA .380).
1. You could eject all the ammo in the mag, from the ejection port, on the slide. But, see the little button, on the grip, behind the trigger guard? That's a mag release. If you push that button, the mag will drop out of the gun(catch it!) then you will only have to cycle the slide once, to empty the firearm.

2. We don't care to advocate unsafe usage of firearms or munitions, here, at NGF. In a pinch, you could run blank 9mm ammo, but it isn't recommended, and you probably would only be able to load and shoot one round at a time. But we all would avoid that. It's the wrong ammo for the gun.

3. The hammer will active the firing pin, which will active the primer, which will active the bullet. (I think) Anyway, at some point, it would probably be a good idea to field strip the firearm, and clean the firing pin channel, really well. Google is your friend.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Yes you can empty the gun by repeatedly using the slide but it's generally not the safest way to unload a gun. Like Russ said above remove the magazine and then eject the chambered round if there is one. Not sure if 9mm blanks will work but i doubt it being they are different size case than regular 9mm which is 9x19. Not sure i understand question 3.

Reactions: newgold

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Sgt Major from the Presidio movie might have been able to help you but he got shot.

Reactions: newgold

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all reply....I understand all your reply ! This si a great forum ! support for all questions about Gun !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts