National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, a New York man retired. He wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it would last, and decided to buy a old home and a few acres in Portugal. The modest farmhouse had been vacant for 15 years; the owner and wife both had died, and there were no heirs.

The house was sold to pay taxes. There had been several lookers, but the large barn had steel doors, and they had been welded shut.

Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to see what was in the barn, and the building wasn't complimentary to the property anyway... so, nobody made an offer on the place.

The NY guy bought it at just over half of the property's worth; moved in, and set about to tear in to the barn... curiosity was killing him. So, he and his wife bought a generator and a couple of grinders... and cut thru the welds.

What was in the barn?

Go to;: http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

You're gonna start wishing you had bought the place!

... so, whatcha think?
:mrgreen:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Can you imagine the value of those old cars? Too bad they were not covered with tarps or plastic to keep the dirt off them.

One of the unidentified cars was that first Datsun rodster the 1600 or 2000 I think.

Nice post Scott!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
sig232 said:
Can you imagine the value of those old cars? Too bad they were not covered with tarps or plastic to keep the dirt off them.

One of the unidentified cars was that first Datsun rodster the 1600 or 2000 I think.

Nice post Scott!
Heck, sig. A little dirt won't hurt those cars! :mrgreen:
I just can't imagine that nobody else would want to find out what was in a building like that :!: Whatta' find! :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brings a whole new dimension to the phrase "garage sale." You could retire on the proceeds from those jewels (sans Taurus)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That actually happened to a friend of mine - short version - Scot grandfather bought a '36 Packard Sportster - Rockford farmer/know for his frugality - all his depression damaged neighbors and friends gave him a real ration - finally after about 6 mos. the Packard disappears - everyone assumes he sold it - W.W.II comes and goes - cheapo grandpa 'goes' - life goes one on the big farm in Rockford (IL) - speed up to about 1970 something - Phil sells the farm to Rockford JC District - oldest building moved to Heritage Park (it was homesteaded in the 1880's) - time to demolish the fifth silo - demo man asks what's under the false bottom??? - Phil doesn't know (she's my age - born in 1945) - can you guess what was there, up on blocks - original condition with about 200 miles on it??

... that's one of my favorite stories!

Phil and her husband still own/drive it - he's an attorney in Las Vegas!
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts