National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! New here, from W. Texas. I'm not a big poster, more of a lurker. When I'm new to something (bought a Bersa 380 today!) I tend to look for a forum to gather more knowledge, and this is the first I happened upon. Looks like a well of info!
 

·
Right Wing Zealot
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Welcome FyrePhoenix, from another west Texan

What kind of shooting do you enjoy... Combat? Police? Old West? Hunting?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not doing much shooting, actually. My brother got on a gun kick and bought a few, which got me to thinking that it would be a good idea to have one for protection. I'll be going out to the gun range to get acquainted with mine, and when I'm comfortable with it I'll go for a concealed carry license.
But after checking this forum out some more, I may get more active!
 

·
Pro Gun Advocate
Joined
·
10,940 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and love it, but my primary carry weapon is a Glock .40
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
guns are like potato chips,
You can never have just one.

Have fun, it's allowed! :i:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,424 Posts
Glad you joined us, FyrePhoenix, lurk to your heart's content and jump in whenever you want. Hope you learn what you need to know and maybe get some ideas about the shooting and safety aspects of your new purchase.

KYPD,

~Rick
a/k/a "The Gunrunner"
 

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
Joined
·
55,659 Posts
Greetings and Salutations
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
FyrePhoenix said:
Hey folks! New here, from W. Texas. I'm not a big poster, more of a lurker. When I'm new to something (bought a Bersa 380 today!) I tend to look for a forum to gather more knowledge, and this is the first I happened upon. Looks like a well of info!
Welcome,
Its just starting you will always NEED just one more, at least thats how it is for most of us.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome, you all sound so friendly!
You know, I think the gun bug bit me today, because now I'm wanting a revolver :mrgreen:
 

·
Right Wing Zealot
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
FyrePhoenix said:
Thanks for the welcome, you all sound so friendly!
You know, I think the gun bug bit me today, because now I'm wanting a revolver :mrgreen:
We won't try to influence you...
http://www.****-n-crockett.org/pairofcolts-small.jpg
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SheNine said:
FyrePhoenix said:
You know, I think the gun bug bit me today, because now I'm wanting a revolver :mrgreen:

only one?!?!? :mrgreen:
Or five..... :mrgreen:

ETA: Is there a page somewhere that will tell me the meaning of the abbreviations used here?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I mean the abbreviations that are peculiar to this particular forum, that pertain to firearms. Maybe it's just a matter of doing more reading..
 

·
Iron Maiden
Joined
·
8,441 Posts
FyrePhoenix said:
I mean the abbreviations that are peculiar to this particular forum, that pertain to firearms. Maybe it's just a matter of doing more reading..

Gotcha! If you see one you're unfamiliar with, just ask the poster and we'll be sure to get you the answer. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top