National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reticently inherited a Herter's Rifle From my Uncle. I am Trying to Figure out how to Take the bolt out or if u even can at all. Can u guys help me out?

It says on the Barrel its made by Herter's Inc in Waseca. Minn. and Model U-9 Cal .243

·
Dong Tam, RSVN '69/'70
3,428 Posts
Z3r0.... I can't answer your question but someone on here will probably be able to.

I wanted to welcome you to National Gun Forum and suggest you drop over to the new members section and introduce yourself. We are a pretty friendly group around here, especially after we get to know folks a litte bit.

Don

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,162 Posts
To remove the bolt, raise the bolt handle and pull the bolt about halfway back. Press forward very hard on the trigger and, while holding this pressure, pull the bolt out.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,162 Posts
Your rifle was imported as a barreled action, made by BSA (British Small Arms), and was stocked by Herter's. The rifle is almost identical to the BSA Monarch series of rifles. It is a quality rifle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was just thinking my first deer rifle was a 30.06 U-9, but it was made by BSA.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Herters U-9 Bolt extraction problem

I have a Herters U-9 .243 too. Based on previous posts here it suggests pushing the trigger forward to extract the bolt...but my trigger does not move forwards at all.

I was thinking I was missing a part in the trigger, but maybe it's some other trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts