National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one of these Heritage Rough Rider Ranchers. I’ve seen them online before but always sold out before I got to them.

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Glasses Hand Bottle Drinkware Wood

I think @Coalcracker posted about this gun a while back. Has anyone else bought one of these?

I’ve really wanted a revolving carbine since I started collecting western style guns. Hope it is worth it.

·
Aim true !
12,290 Posts
I been waiting for one to show up local. Not sure on the 22 mag cylinder. But they probably can.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
My concern with this type of rifle is gas cutting from the cylinder.

Alan

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, holding them the way they are designed seems a bit cumbersome but for the price, I’ll give it a try. There are a couple holds I’ve seen. The one I think I like the most is using the support arm as a brace under the stock and grabbing the trigger arm behind the wrist. It looks more stable / comfortable than shooting it as designed.

·
Premium Member
7,977 Posts
Yeah I’ve heard about the gas from the cylinder and even metal particles shooting out. I saw one about a year ago and thought it was just the coolest. I do want one even with the possibility of it being painful to shoot.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
i think its unique and a conversation piece......practical or field worthy is a different matter...

always been interested in such...more in a movie lore way than any need on my part......but it might get interesting if slightly out of time and that close to your face.......

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, I checked on my order to see if it finally shipped and it was, "On Hold". Sent them an email last night asking why it was, "On Hold". I got a reply back with a handgun melting point law. I called them up and told them that they quoted me a law doesn't apply to rifles. Should be shipping it out soon.

·
Salmon Slayer
403 Posts
While it is really cool looking it has to be a hard pass for Ole Caveman, unless it’s gonna sit on the mantle.

·
Aim true !
12,290 Posts
Gators has one in. 289.00 OTD.

·
Aim true !
12,290 Posts
Im going to pass on it. I have one spot left to put my 7.62x39 rifle. No room for a new gun cabinet.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Aim true !
12,290 Posts
I remember that scene. Good movie too.

·
Super Moderator
12,992 Posts
Never saw that movie
It's a great movie. Add that one to your list when you have a moment!

--Wag--

Reactions: Philmo11
1 - 20 of 22 Posts