National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t even know where to start to explain how we got here but I’ll try. Last Christmas, some of you remember I got Nic his first rifle, a Henry Classic .22lr. Up until then, I had to just buy rifles he could shoot because the wife complained he was too young for a rifle, something like that... I wasn’t really listening....

I asked him a couple times if he wanted a Golden Boy or a Classic. He wanted a black one he said, wanted it to be different than mine. Well he got it.

Fast forward 5 months, he is standing in front of the display case looking at all my Henry’s and says he really wished he had thought it through because he should have gotten the Golden Boy.

At this point, I’ve decided to sell off the one he got and buy a Golden Boy. I told the wife that I offered to do it Christmas morning if he had changed his mind. She agreed reluctantly.

I go into the shop, one Golden Boy and it had been dropped on the concrete floor, no mistaking that. No way I was buying that. Happened to be the only one in town. I figured I’d just order one.

I get the Classic sold to a local guy for his kid, I lost $50 on it. I’m looking online for another Golden Boy and for $50 extra I can get him a Henry Silver. I order it, it hits my bank but no order gets generated. After I sort out that mess, I go looking again. The place I ordered it from originally was sold out and the next place that had one was another $50 more.

By this time I’m a bit irritated. I checked the bank, my money was back in there and I go on another hunt for something different. Then, I came across this. Henry Golden Boy Silver Trump Serial Number special edition... for another $130. By this time, I’m thinking I can over pay for a Silver and kick myself later for not buying this or I can take the hit and hold it for his birthday in August. Now I sold his Henry Classic for $275, I paid $605 for this one.

Now I’m thinking bullet proof vest for when the wife finds out. I told her about an extra $100 (knowing it would be another $150 or so.) $50 I can explain. $330... well, I’m in trouble when she finds out but I think it’s worth it for something that won’t be around long and I know this kid will take good care of. He’s never put a scratch on one of mine yet. I’d probably never shell that out for a .22 for myself but for one of my kids...

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
The story is nice and such but what shocks me is that you have a wife. You never mentioned her before and with all of the gun buying you’ve been doing, I figured there’d eventually be some kind of investigation into her disappearance or insurance scam. I’m glad to hear she’s alive and well and your forum posts won’t be subpoenaed.
That being said, you’re a very patient dad. My dad would have said that “You had your choice, now live with it.” I’m not sure what I would have done but I’m a pretty soft touch.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The story is nice and such but what shocks me is that you have a wife. You never mentioned her before and with all of the gun buying you’ve been doing, I figured there’d eventually be some kind of investigation into her disappearance or insurance scam. I’m glad to hear she’s alive and well and your forum posts won’t be subpoenaed.
That being said, you’re a very patient dad. My dad would have said that “You had your choice, now live with it.” I’m not sure what I would have done but I’m a pretty soft touch.
Ha, she is alive and well. She pretty much lets me do what i want within reason. I think this one was a bit beyond reason but hey, you only live once right? I was simply trying to demonstrate how we got from a $300 gun to $600 gun in the matter of a few days. So easy to do.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just broke it to her... that went better than expected, haha... I still have to buy what she wanted to get him. Win-Win for him I guess.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well, at least you are still alive......
You and and the kid both got lucky.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s been 3 days and the order is still “processing”. I get that more people are buying guns lately but that makes me a bit weary since there were only 1,000 made. I’d feel better knowing the gun was at least accounted for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts