National Gun Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
The following was just added to the collection. It’s on layaway but at least it’s secured. It ain’t going anywhere.

.45 Long Colt
H006C, 20”, 38.5”

Finding this little booger in a 20” barrel was a challenge. KyGunCo had me covered this time.

I’m down to the .17, .327 and the .41 magnum.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
all your experiences with kygunco been good?

i see they still have a good price on the Bond Rowdy that is attractive and i could not help myself and have to check out that single shot credit card gun they have.....going to youtube next to see it in operation hopefully.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
@deputy So far... Kygunco has been very good. Paid off the 45 Colt yesterday, label printed today along with an email stating it would ship in the next 24 hours. Called them yesterday with an unusual request which they went out of their way to help.

The 41 Mag was purchased from Guns.com. The young man on the other end was willing and able to assist as well. In this case, my FFL was not listed. He attempted to add my FFL to the available FFLs but was unsuccessful. Instead, he managed to manipulate my cart while I was still in checkout in order to intercept my order and modify the FFL manually. This was also purchased yesterday. Checked the order and it too has a shipping label printed.

I guess we will see if they both ship by tomorrow....

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Also, with respect to ammo for the 41 mag. I don’t recall ever seeing 41 mag on a shelf anywhere. I have the dies I bought a few weeks back. I have powder. I spoke to that little shop I goto every week, he has an ample amount of new brass and confirmed he has both lead and jacketed bullets. I got lucky there. No ammo issues.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Also, with respect to ammo for the 41 mag. I don’t recall ever seeing 41 mag on a shelf anywhere. I have the dies I bought a few weeks back. I have powder. I spoke to that little shop I goto every week, he has an ample amount of new brass and confirmed he has both lead and jacketed bullets. I got lucky there. No ammo issues.
i have not looked for it in a long time......

went ahead a briefly checked midwayusa.......they show 15 loads but none in stock...

needless to say i was in sticker shock beyond words when i saw this out of stock listing...remington 50 ct box......$112.99

i hope they are wrong......very wrong....

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
15,560 Posts
before the great ammo disaster of 2021 my LGS would always have a small amount of 41 mag and several weeks ago they still have some type of 41 mag in the small 20 round boxes(self defense rounds maybe?) I only noticed it because that's how 454 casul comes and they are next to each other. Never checked the price though. Not a very common round anymore, it had a short lived popularity quite awhile ago and I'm actually surprised they still make guns chambered in it. I had dies for it and was going to delve into it at some point but i decided against it and just recently sold them on ebay.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
before the great ammo disaster of 2021 my LGS would always have a small amount of 41 mag and several weeks ago they still have some type of 41 mag in the small 20 round boxes(self defense rounds maybe?) I only noticed it because that's how 454 casul comes and they are next to each other. Never checked the price though. Not a very common round anymore, it had a short lived popularity quite awhile ago and I'm actually surprised they still make guns chambered in it. I had dies for it and was going to delve into it at some point but i decided against it and just recently sold them on ebay.
Don't think the scarce ammo hasn’t crossed my mind. Ample sources of brass are one of the deciding factors, that and it’s essential to the collection to complete it. If I can get my mitts on a couple thousand brass, that’ll last many years reloading them.

·
Super Moderator
15,285 Posts
There's still some around. It's made of gold.

I treat my 41 mag brass like it was made of gold.

Alan

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Picked up 500x .41 magnum brass and 1050x bullets. 200x .327 fed magnum brass and 300x bullets. Going to start a loading thread on these as I’ve not loaded these calibers yet.

41 Henry is rescheduled for delivery tomorrow

45 Henry is rescheduled for delivery Monday

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
is that the sierra 90 gr hp?.......that is one bullet that i want to try for the 32 H&R.......might be a bit fragile though for the 327 velocities.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
is that the sierra 90 gr hp?.......that is one bullet that i want to try for the 32 H&R.......might be a bit fragile though for the 327 velocities.
The Sierras are .41 cal 210gr HP’s.

The red Hornady boxes are .32 cal 100gr XTPs.

The white box are 215 hard cast .41 cal semi-wadcutter.

The brown box is some kind of weird hard cast alloy .41 cal 210gr semi-wadcutter. It’s lighter than the ones in the white box so even though they are 5gr lighter, the bullets are bigger (longer).

41 - 60 of 78 Posts