National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow men and women of America, I sincerely plead with you today to help my good friend Paul Gratton, a single father of two sons. The federal government convicted him as an excuse to chip away at the gun rights of the American people. Paul is being convicted because of a clerical error that had occurred when he was shipping AIR PISTOL MODIFIERS to the US. This is not even about firearms! He did not hurt his fellow man! This was a clerical error! He was not given any opportunities to defend himself or speak, and the court testimonies have been full of false claims and fraud. See link for evidence of said fraud: [source]

DO NOT let the federal prosecutors get away with their agenda to take away American rights!
STAND UP for your right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!
PROTECT your fellow Man who has done no harm, no crime, no wrong.

Contact Phone Number:
202-456-1111

FELLOW AMERICANS, PLEASE HELP PAUL BY CALLING IN ON WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY OR FRIDAY (JAN 17-19) BETWEEN 9 AM EST TO 3PM EST

The phone number above leads to the Donald Trump hotline. Please comment on the phone line with your own thoughts or use the script below. Be kind to the volunteers on the hotline, and thank them for their support of the American people:

"Hello, I’m [YOUR NAME IN HERE]
I’m calling to ask the President to intervene and prevent a huge miscarriage of justice against Paul Gratton in a federal court in Nashville TN.

The case # is 3:16-43-1. US v PAUL GRATTON.

Paul is a small business man who works to insure the safety of many law enforcement agents. Paul’s a single father of 2 boys and he’s been convicted and ordered to surrender himself at the beginning of February.

The Prosecutor continues after a year to withhold information that proves Paul was set up and entrapped by a government informant. The Brady violations are greater than those of the BUNDY case. The judge has refused to date to decide on post trial motions.

I’m calling because I wish for President Trump to order a stay of sentencing and to appoint a special investigator to look into the wrongdoings of federal prosecutor and ATF that committed wrongs against Paul.

Please intercede before 1st February. Thank you for your consideration."

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
This Paul Gratton?

March 13, 2017

NASHVILLE – A jury found Paul Gratton, 50, of Murfreesboro guilty Monday of delivering of a firearm to a common carrier without written notice and other charges, the U.S. Attorney's Office reported.

The jury also found Gratton guilty of illegal shipment of a firearm with intent to commit a felony; illegal importation of a firearm; illegal receipt of a firearm that had been imported; and unlawful possession of unregistered silencers, announced Jack Smith, Acting United States Attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee.

The jury acquitted Gratton of tampering with evidence. The jury returned its verdict following a two-day trial before Chief U.S. District Judge Kevin H. Sharp.

The evidence at trial showed that, in the spring of 2015, Gratton, who owns a helicopter servicing business in Murfreesboro, traveled to England, where he purchased six firearm silencers, none of which had serial numbers, from a firearms dealer in Sheffield. Gratton put some of the silencer parts into a DHL package, which he deliberately mislabeled in order to ensure that those silencers got through U.S. Customs without being discovered by the authorities.

Gratton put other silencer parts into his checked baggage, and flew back to Murfreesboro, the evidence showed.

Federal law enforcement officers later obtained a search warrant for Gratton’s residence, where they recovered the silencers and obtained a confession from Gratton, states a press release from David Boling.

Gratton faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a maximum fine of $250,000. A sentencing date has not yet been set.

The case was investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms & Explosives; the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office; and the Murfreesboro Police Department. The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Ben Schrader and Ahmed Safeeullah.

Murfreesboro man found guilty of gun charges

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,721 Posts
Yeah, I won’t be throwing my support behind this.

My take...Mr Gratton tried bucking the system. It didn’t work.
He had his day in court in front of a jury of 12 of his peers. It didn’t go his way. (There’s an appeals process for that)
Sorry for that but good luck to Mr. Gratton.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the same Paul Gratton. However, the article quoted is full of inaccuracies. Paul was never given any opportunities to defend himself in court and the record just wrote whatever they wished.

Paul DID NOT deliberately mislabel the fire arm parts. It was a clerical error, therefore he should not have been charged with intent to commit felony.

Not a silencer, but an air pistol modifier. ATF Rule 2005-4 applies. The ATF ballistics expert signed off the rule in 2005 when she was regulations officer. See pic related.

The trial was not by a jury of a man's peers. The entire court was rigged against Paul and the public records on this case do not reflect what actually happened. The court has been withholding critical information against Paul that would prove his innocence. This is exactly like the Brady Violations!

This has been a very long court battle and Paul has been set up as a straw man. If we do not stand together, our rights will be taken away right under our feet!

971d8bb5-0dcd-411d-9e7e-80e21662dc78.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do not take the 'court records' for face value! This was never fair to begin with!

Did you read this in the original post?

The ATF had no jurisdiction over air rifle modifier and knew so by their own rules. This was not a silencer as the records state, it is an air pistol modifier.

·
AZHerper
3,972 Posts
I agree with Speed. I did a bunch of online research on this case and I'm convinced that this guy knew what he was doing and was deliberately trying to circumvent the law.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Jorge, see the second word of this quote.

The jury also found Gratton guilty of illegal shipment of a firearm with intent to commit a felony; illegal importation of a firearm; illegal receipt of a firearm that had been imported; and unlawful possession of unregistered silencers, announced Jack Smith, Acting United States Attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not really possible to do a fair and unbiased research of this case, because all the favor is in the courts and the system. Paul was not given any opportunities to defend himself in court.

Do you know the difference between trial by jury and jury trial? I'll give you a hint. A jury trial means that you are judged not by your peers and you have no say in the matter. Wake up! The courts and judges are not a part of a system that we should trust in! If you end up in court, you play by their rules and not given a chance to stand up for yourself.

Perhaps I may sound like the town fool for repeating this, but Paul has done no wrong. He was not given a chance to defend himself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rivervalley, please understand that Paul had a jury trial not a trial by jury.

He was not judged by his peers nor given an opportunity to have his say.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I had been wondering, it's been a while,
since someone used us to forward a trial.
Exploiting us will not turn out as planned,
keep pushing it, and you will end up banned.

We're not magic fairies, and we're not regal,
And we don't make hopeless gun causes legal
As in " don't, can't and won't", nor will we attempt
to shunt laws we all follow, or show them contempt.

·
AZHerper
3,972 Posts
Jorge you said: "Perhaps I may sound like the town fool for repeating this, but Paul has done no wrong. He was not given a chance to defend himself.". It's clear that you're a buddy of Paul's but, You're deluding yourself if you really believe that "Paul has done no wrong". It's abundantly clear to even a casual observer of the published facts that Paul was knowingly trying to evade the law. That's all I'm going to say.

·
Aim true !
11,075 Posts
Jorge why are you hell bent on getting him released? Whats in it for you? Or....... maybe you are Paul under an alias?????

·
Registered
13,824 Posts
I just have one question. If these were simply air pistol modifier's why did he dismantle them, ship some parts and bring the others on a plane? If they were just a simple legal device there would be no need to do that. Answer that in a credible way please.

·
Super Moderator
14,494 Posts
First and Last, I don't know Paul Gratton from Adam's off ox. I don't EVER put my credibility on the line for anyone unless I am 99.9% sure of their character. Even then it is a qualified endorsement. That leaves a huge percentage of the population out.

One thing is blatantly clear and that is that somehow Mr. Gratton attracted the attention of the Feds and they nailed him when they caught him. An old LEO friend of mine told me something once and it has held true in my experience. That was, "Nobody, No-Body, ever gets caught the first time they do something wrong." While that is a general statement, I have found extremely few of what might be exceptions.

Will the BATFE try to entrap someone they know is doing something illegal? Well, I wouldn't take a bet against that on any odds.

Your friend, put his future on the line for the sake of 6 "air gun silencers ... uh.... modifiers, .... whatever". I'm really not too sure what that has to do with the 2nd Amendment and why you would think a bunch of old farts would "Charge" just because somebody yelled "Charge".

Good luck with fighting City Hall. Count me out.

Alan

·
Registered
19,166 Posts
Sorry, but nobody in this forum owes support to a particular person we actually know nothing about, nor their circumstances.

·
Super Moderator
11,404 Posts
Not given any opportunity to defend himself? Where was this trial held? Guantanamo?

Not likely, dude. Sounds to me like he just needs a better attorney, particularly if he's going to appeal.

--Wag--

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
856 Posts
When it was bound over to the grand jury, that was indeed a Jury of his peers.. A Jury of his peers indicted him.. followed this case and really.... the evidence stacked up is unavoidable. It's simple, he didn't follow the rules and attempted to get around them and got busted.
Many of us don't like the rules and would make changes to the law if we could but we can't change the law and we must follow the law and if we don't, this happens.. He screwed up and he knows it.
This is not about the Second Amendment...

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
Its a Conspiracy, I tell ya. A Conspiracy!

It wuz a setup!

He wuz railroaded!

He had an incompetent attorney!

Why, why, just look at all those technicalities and legal loopholes.

Did I miss any excuses used by the guilty?

Reactions: Wag
1 - 20 of 29 Posts