National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad5: Is there anyone in the USA who knows anything about .22 revolvers made in Belgium 100 years ago?
I am in Australia and our damn draconian laws prevent me from asking or getting help here! I am looking for parts to complete a project. In particular, the hammer, trigger, chamber bar and main-spring for a .22 Liege United Arms Company revolver. Top-break model. I'm hoping someone can help me out with these 'SPECIAL' bike parts? Email me at [email protected] :yikes1:

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
:mad5: Is there anyone in the USA who knows anything about .22 revolvers made in Belgium 100 years ago?
I am in Australia and our damn draconian laws prevent me from asking or getting help here! I am looking for parts to complete a project. In particular, the hammer, trigger, chamber bar and main-spring for a .22 Liege United Arms Company revolver. Top-break model. I'm hoping someone can help me out with these 'SPECIAL' bike parts? Email me at [email protected] :yikes1:
What you're asking for is someone to ship you "SPECIAL" bike parts? You know that's illegal here and you can count me out!

Reactions: Dog Soldier

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx

I am fully aware of that Darl. but desperate actions are needed as Australia is not as free as your USA. I don't want to purchase a whole firearm,just some parts to rebuild my Grand-dad's old WW1 revolver. I hope you are not offended?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,127 Posts
Let me get this straight. Are you asking someone here in the States to violate US law as well as to violate Australian law so you can rebuild a family heirlom to firing condition?

·
Wyoming
4,252 Posts
NRA Instructors are being approached every day by foreign nationals. They are asking for firearms training for groups from Africa mostly. These groups are offering high pay and have pre planned ranges with in the U.S. The NRA has issued warnings this week to all NRA Certified Inst. regarding Federal Law and insurance liabilities. Doing business with foreign nationals regarding firearms can result in your arrest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not only is nobody going to help you because of the legal issues, I doubt they would be able to even if they wanted to. Back in the late 19th/early 20th century there were a ton of manufacturers pumping out all kinds of knockoffs and other cheap guns of varying quality that finding correct parts (which would probably need to be fitted anyhow) would be nearly impossible especially since these were often cheap guns that were not cared for. Even if you were able to fix it up, would you be able to find the right ammo for it and is it even safe to fire? If you want a gun to shoot, buy a new one and keep this one as a non-functioning heirloom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts