National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With reference to original post: http://www.nationalgunforum.com/new-members-introduction/41952-hi.html#post357800

Hi all!

I own a double barrel shotgun inherited from my father. All I know about the gun is that it's 12 bore and made in Belgium (found it engraved on the barrel, almost vanishing). Also there's some text written on the barrel: "Choke 183". I don't know what it means. I've just been able to dismantle the whole gun and discovered some more engravings under the barrel. No idea at all what they mean! I'm not into guns and my country heavily restricts gun usage. I'm just curious what the make/ brand of the gun is. So I'm posting some photos of the gun here on this forum. I'd appreciate your help in correctly identifying the make /model/ brand etc. Also let me know if I should post the photo of the whole gun. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Photo Apr 01, 7 04 27 PM.jpg Photo Apr 01, 7 04 41 PM.jpg Photo Apr 01, 7 04 50 PM.jpg Photo Apr 01, 7 07 57 PM.jpg Photo Apr 01, 7 09 51 PM.jpg

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,268 Posts
A photo of the whole shotgun may help. The marking that it was 'Made in Belgium' narrows it down.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,361 Posts
A muzzle constriction (choke) of 183 micrometers equates to a tight Improved Cylinder choke.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,268 Posts
I can't say with 100% certainty from just looking at the photos, but it appears to be a Joseph Saive shotgun. If you look at the second posting on this website ----> Welcome to GournetUSA/DarneUSA Forum - J Saive Liege the one photograph seems to have a lot of features your shotgun has ...... just remember there may be a few differences due to changes made during the manufacturing years.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,268 Posts
Reactions: kayes

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,268 Posts
You're welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts