National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through some stuff that was given to me quite awhile ago. I came across an ammo case that was full of the two round types on the left in the attached picture. Both come out of cases that are labelled 6.5 Jap. I've done a bit of looking around online at 6.5 Jap rounds, but none look like this.
As for the round on the right in the picture, there are only a few in the box, but I have no idea what they could be.

Anybody have any thoughts on any of these rounds? If the first two are 6.5 Jap, any thoughts on a valuation for them? I don't have a rifle that would use them, and these days it would be nice to pick up a couple extra dollars.

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Right. Possibly 8x50 Lebel.

left. 308 win. Reloads.

but measures to make sure.

Alan

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Right. Possibly 8x50 Lebel.

left. 308 win. Reloads.

but measures to make sure.

Alan
Well the middle is certainly a .308, it says it on the base. I think the right is also a lebel but the left one looks slightly different than the middle. it could be the carbon stain is making it look different but it appears slightly longer and possibly a larger diameter bullet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well the middle is certainly a .308, it says it on the base. I think the right is also a lebel but the left one looks slightly different than the middle. it could be the carbon stain is making it look different but it appears slightly longer and possibly a larger diameter bullet.
+1

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
The 308 looks like it was crimped into the gas check.

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Just to clarify one more thing, “a FEW extra dollars” is probably all you could get for the whole lot. Except for the Lebel they are worth their value in brass and lead. The postage would probably be more that that.

Alan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the help on this! I really appreciate it. Wished it was better news, but hey, what can you do.

Thanks again!

Aaron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts