National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have been going back and forth with the idea of reloading for about 2 years now. But im watchin the ammo prices and now i think it's time to set up shop. The only think i would reload off the bat is 12 gauge shells, just cause i shoot that more than all my other guns combined. SO! what can you guys tell me. Like price (cheapest, i dont need all the bells and wistles) and were to get the stuff. I dont now if this will help, but i live in maryland.

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
I have slowly been picking stuff up through Gunbroker.com

I have yet to actually load anything... but it is a source of tools... supplies... etc.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I used to recommend ebay -- there were some really good deals there. I also sold countless reloading tools, supplies and such on ebay. Since their display of Corporate Cowardice, I don't think they allow it to be listed anymore. I may be wrong, they pissed me off so badly I haven't been on in > 1 year.

I've done OK at garage and yard sales and a few estate sales, as well.

Along those lines, though, you might talk to our new member Gun Geek, he's setting up an auction site he says is gun-friendly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well you go know you will need different presses for shotshell and metallic reloading, don't you? Probably the cheapest stuff with good enough performance is Lee.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Ram Rod said:
Midway USA would probably be a good place to start.
Midway has damn near everything you'd need. I won't say that I spend lotsa bux there every year, but I'm on Larry Potterfield's Chrismas list. Their prices are OK and they have frequent sales that'll at least offset the shipping fees. Which, by the way, they are about the most fair of any of the component firms.
I've seen Cheaper Than Dirt and a few others advertise decent prices and then sock it to the buyer for up to 30% in shipping and "handling" fees. Ripoff.

OBTW, I don't have it listed, but if anyone needs a cheap 12 ga reloader, I have an old Lee press I'll let go for $30.00 + actual shipping. I think it has all the parts, but Lee still has them if anything happens to be missing. I do not load shotgun shells.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts