National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I've done a little bit of research not a lot and have decided that I was going to buy a daniel defense at 15 and when I checked my store was having a sale on the one I was eyeing but there's 3 guns they all look the same with a different price tag. Can someone help clarify which one would be the preferred choice of the 3? Money not being an issue I'm wanting something nice under $2000 so it doesnt matter which but I would prefer the better one to be honest I'm looking to start practicing I got about 5 acres and some shooting room down way I just wanted to kinda know what I'm talking about when I walk in their 馃槄

Attachments

Aim true !
I don't much about AR 15's. But for 199.00 i would grab one of them Rugger 10/22 while your at the store. If you don't already own one. And.............. ah05.jpg

Reactions: RMLamp

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I have an old .22 well my buddy has it but I wanted something real nice. What's the hype over .22s? I remember the ammo was always sold out around here but I just found some recently and the coyotes are close out back so I figure I need to do something sooner than later.

Aim true !
22 is cheap to shoot and a lot of fun. Yeah it was hard to get for a while because of panic buyers. Im well stocked for the next time it happens lol. But the 10/22 is a great gun too. I like the wood stock version myself. If the yotes are close a 22 will kill em with a head shot. :thumbsup:

Registered
A starter vun for under $2k? That's not a starter vun, to me starter is $3-400.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Well I want something nice thanks to my grandad I have expensive taste and am very stubborn to settle for less

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
But which one? Are they all the same just better parts the more expensive they get or is there a difference? I know the more expensive has an 18" barrel and the other two are 16".

Live Free
The $1499 offering has a better trigger and an ambi charging handle which is handy if you plan on a scope. 16鈥 or 18鈥 barrel is not that big a difference for 5.56. Really depends on what you want to do with it. Daniel Defense makes a pretty good AR...a bit pricey but good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Right now I just want something nice to shoot with if I'm going to hunt I really dont want to leave the animal wounded and alive and I have the money I been saving what feels like forever so I wanna get something nice

Registered
If money is not a concern, go for the one with the better trigger system.
If you stay in the AR game you will upgrade your trigger anyway.
most stock triggers are not that great

Live Free
I agree with Kilted Cowboy, go for the better trigger...that is why I pointed that out in my earlier post. The $1499 offering is ready for an optic and should provide good accuracy; that trigger will help with accuracy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Alright thanks guys would it be to much for a scope recommendation I was thinking acog but I'm not sure I dont want to get stuck with something I dont like how do you even know what you like?

Low Speed High Drag
The V7 would be my choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts