National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was referred to the site by moderator Speeed and am happy to make all your acquaintances... I love researching, sourcing, building, buying and shooting all types of weapons. I look forward to getting to know you all, learning all I can and hopefully contributing useful information as well.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Welcome! I lived in the inland Northwest for quite a few years.

Reactions: GRBOU812

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
25,855 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,459 Posts
Welcome to NGF!
Very happy to see you here.

·
Aim true !
12,290 Posts
Welcome on board. (y)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome... I've been searching through the site and can see a huge wealth of information. I really enjoy seeing other people's builds or new toys and am curious if is a sub forum or dedicated on going thread for either/or.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,459 Posts
I really enjoy seeing other people's builds or new toys and am curious if is a sub forum or dedicated on going thread for either/or.
There is not a running thread for builds. Unfortunately I don't think theres is enough activity with regards to builds to support it but I could absolutely be wrong.
The closest thing we have for showing off toys is: Whats The Last Thing You Bought? but thats a "catch all" thread and not solely firearms.

A running build thread may not be a bad idea. (I have a few lowers I really need to build)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome, live on the west side of Washington
We're fellow Washingtonians then... I'm over on the east side in the Spokane area. Every decree coming out of Olympia these days however gets me that much closer to moving over the border to Idaho.

There is not a running thread for builds. Unfortunately I don't think theres is enough activity with regards to builds to support it but I could absolutely be wrong.
The closest thing we have for showing off toys is: Whats The Last Thing You Bought? but thats a "catch all" thread and not solely firearms.

A running build thread may not be a bad idea. (I have a few lowers I really need to build)
Understood... I've started to cobble together the components for an AR10 so will make sure to get pictures as it comes together for a future thread. Maybe it'll be just the incentive you need to build out a lower or two. I will say I do have to admire your will power up to this point though. I'd have a hard time resisting the urge to build if I found a extra detent pin in the carpet.

Welcome. You let Speed talk you into joining this forum? Frankly, that puts your decision making ability into question as well as your known associations.
Well... he did mention you all were a great bunch of folks which was a big incentive to sign up, but honestly I think his suggestion for me to join shows his decision making skills are questionable as well. One would think a moderator would have the best intentions of the forum members in mind, but the introduction of unstable rascal such as myself shows that's just not the case.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Welcome from Iowa! You'll find lots of good folks, fun and good information herein.

Motor vehicle Font Poster Gas Rectangle

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,281 Posts
Welcome from IL

Well... he did mention you all were a great bunch of folks which was a big incentive to sign up, but honestly I think his suggestion for me to join shows his decision making skills are questionable as well. One would think a moderator would have the best intentions of the forum members in mind, but the introduction of unstable rascal such as myself shows that's just not the case.
He’s just bringing in the fresh meat, 😂

Seriously though, this is my favorite group. There aren’t a lot of AR build threads. Any gun thread started by me has pictures in it if you just want to look at toys, ARs, shotguns, lever guns, polymer pistols, revolvers, derringers, a few long range guns, 1911s, little bit of everything but nothing super high end, mostly mid range stuff. I generally just speak my mind as to what I thought about each one. Probably 100 of the 300 threads I’ve started are guns I’ve bought in the last 2-1/2 years.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,277 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

1 - 20 of 22 Posts