National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a newbie and a novice. I'm looking to buy my first gun and am doing my research, which is how I came across this site. I'm excited to be here and excited to learn. I am a mom to three kids, two are adults and one has just entered the teens.

I am interested in a handgun for home defense. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Welcome from Commie-necticut

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hey to the group and congrats on the fam. By all means have a wonderous sojourn into novice gun ownership and a lifetime of promised enjoyment:)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Welcome to the board. Deciding on a handgun, especially your first takes lots of research, handling and hopefully firing before you purchase. While you could get a hundred different suggestions from members here, your best bet is find someone who already owns and see if they will let you try theirs out. You want to find something that feels right in your hands, is easy for you to load and fire and of course clean. Lots of posts on here about a "first purchase". Welcome again and make the search function your friend.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Welcome to the board. Deciding on a handgun, especially your first takes lots of research, handling and hopefully firing before you purchase. While you could get a hundred different suggestions from members here, your best bet is find someone who already owns and see if they will let you try theirs out. You want to find something that feels right in your hands, is easy for you to load and fire and of course clean. Lots of posts on here about a "first purchase". Welcome again and make the search function your friend.
Howdy and welcome-------------------^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,141 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Registered
976 Posts
welcome to the forum!
where as your new you might be best off going to a indoor range that has gun rentals and try a few out to see what you like and what feels comfortable for you and that you can shoot accurately:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts