National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a while, just signed up last night. My name is Travis and I'm from PA. I bought my first gun a few years ago (Beretta U22 Neos) for plinking and having fun. Just a few months ago I won a Taurus PT1911 at a gun show. I finally got to shoot it last weekend and now am hooked once again.

My uncle, who used to shoot trap competitively, built an official ATA trap range on his property and I have been going there the last few months shooting with him and my father. Last weekend I got to take my .45 and try it out. I also got to shoot my uncle's Colt 1911 that was made in 1917. We shot rounds that were made in 1928 and they all fired without a problem.

When I first bought my .22 I had a plan laid out. Buy the .22, save money for a 9mm (was set on a CZ 75b back then) and save even more money to get a Kimber 1911. Since I won a .45 my plans have changed a little. I'm thinking of buying my uncle's Colt and then looking at a CZ 75b or P-01.

Anyways, thats a little bit about me and what my current plans are in regards to firearms. I hope to learn a lot from this forum and maybe one day can contribute!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Welcome, from California. We're glad to have you. And congrats on winning the Taurus 1911... Only thing better than a gun, is a free gun. :D

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Welcome from Virginia, Travis.

Congrats on winning that gun.

G

·
Welcome from SE Georgia, home of gnats small enough to go through screens and mosquitoes big enough to rip out the screens. Love the scenery in your Dutch country.
Glad you went from lurking to posting. I've posted on many a forum, dis is the best one!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Welcome from Oregon. Glad to have you as a new member.:biggrin5:

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
UH OH - another Travis........ :lol:

Welcome to the forum from the Land of Lincoln!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UH OH - another Travis........ :lol:

Welcome to the forum from the Land of Lincoln!
Is that good or bad? :smilewinkgrin:

From what I can tell, travis1 is a great administrator and contributor to this board and I can only hope to be as knowledgeable and helpful as he is. (I hope I sucked up enough to get me some brownie points)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts