National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first firearm in December, a Remington 870 12g to help protect my wife and 2.5 year old daughter. Since then I’ve gotten my wife a Taurus g2c, myself a Taurus g2c, Walther PPS M2, and a CZ 75b (I’m sorry to say the old school wonder 9 is not my style but I love the history behind it. Unfortunately I’m going to try to sell it to someone who will love it and not keep it in a safe). Now I’m absolutely hooked and know where all my money is going to go. Glad to meet everyone

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,368 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Greetings And Welcome To The Forum

Howdy, I have a PPS 40 and love it. I talk to a lot of people such as yourself that buy a home defense shotgun. Unfortunately as I talk to them I find out they never shot their shotgun. I hope you're not one of them. I always recommend they take it to a skeet range and shoot a few rounds and/or slugs at a range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Howdy, I have a PPS 40 and love it. I talk to a lot of people such as yourself that buy a home defense shotgun. Unfortunately as I talk to them I find out they never shot their shotgun. I hope you're not one of them. I always recommend they take it to a skeet range and shoot a few rounds and/or slugs at a range.
of course, I have around 250 rounds or a bit more through it at the moment of 00 buck at distances between 5-20 yards. I'm all about being prepared and practicing. Clean after each range session, keep it 'cruiser ready' where no one but my wife and i can get do it quickly in the event of an emergency.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Howdy from Texas.
Sounds like you are off the a good start.
Now get some practice and training please.
already took a concealed carry class with plans on taking a developmental course and defensive handgun course. practice good trigger discipline and never unholster my weapon unless its at the range or the chamber is empty

·
Aim true !
10,355 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,019 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Appreciate all the replies, it’s good to be here and hope to have some good conversations in the future

·
Registered
305 Posts
Howdy from KY.:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts