National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

My names is Lucas i'm 22 yers old and i living in the south of france. i pratctice the shooting since 2 years and 4 yers for my job (i'm gendarme). If i sign up in this forum, it's because arms culture is exceptional and for improve my english so ignore my fault please:wink:.

see you soon, I hope

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings. My wife and I spent 10 days touring southern France 6 years ago on a Viking River Cruise. Beautiful country.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,677 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Howdy from Texas
Do not worry too much about your English, down here in Texas we barely speak it
Welcome, I hope y’all are staying safe being so close to Spain and Italy

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome. Been about 55 years since I have been to France. Beautiful country though. Having an affinity for firearms is universal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
Salut! Hope you are keeping safe during these troubled times. I would imagine the gendarmerie are very much in the front lines.

I'm sure everyone would be interested to hear what your issued firearms are as a gendarme.

·
Super Moderator
5,658 Posts
Welcome to The National Gun Forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Salut! Hope you are keeping safe during these troubled times. I would imagine the gendarmerie are very much in the front lines.

I'm sure everyone would be interested to hear what your issued firearms are as a gendarme.
Hello and thank you for you welcome

It is true that we are very solicited during this complicated period.

I will answer on the question of the weapons used by the gendarmeries:

So all gendarme have a sig saueur SP 2022 in 9x19 and the police stations own HK UMP-9 if necessary.
All gendarme is military and during the scool have been trained in use of FAMAS F1 in 5,56x45 otan.
I specify than talk for a basic gendarme , the gendarmerie have much specificity: maritime,air tranport,GIGN,judicial....

I hope I have answered the question

see you soon

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hello and thank you for you welcome

It is true that we are very solicited during this complicated period.

I will answer on the question of the weapons used by the gendarmeries:

So all gendarme have a sig saueur SP 2022 in 9x19 and the police stations own HK UMP-9 if necessary.
All gendarme is military and during the scool have been trained in use of FAMAS F1 in 5,56x45 otan.
I specify than talk for a basic gendarme , the gendarmerie have much specificity: maritime,air tranport,GIGN,judicial....

I hope I have answered the question

see you soon
Thanks. Any opinions on your issue firearms would probably be welcome. The Sig 2022 is widely owned here in the US and, while many aficionados will always prefer the 226, many who want a polymer pistol but prefer a hammer to a striker look on it as a great alternative. It's a well known pistol for us.

The HK UMP-9 is certainly more exotic but the USC semi-auto civilian version is available, though I believe only in 45 acp and 40 S&W? Taurus makes a clone in 9mm though I have never seen one. I'm curious as to whether you have had the chance to compare the UMP-9 to the older MP5 and your impressions of each.

The FAMAS F1 is pretty exotic for us. A few hundred semi-auto only versions were sold in the US years ago, but it is certainly not well known. It's a pretty remarkable design, especially when we consider that it was adopted in the late 70s. One criticism often leveled against bullpup designs is that they have bad triggers. Your thoughts on that?

Found a couple of videos reviewing the F1. Accent and speed of speech may make the first certainly rather difficult to understand, but to the extent possible, your views on the rifle and the review would be welcome.

Of course, we stand ready to answer any questions you may have about firearms over here. Stay safe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts