National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello my name is James Horton from Rocky Mount, NC. First time visiting the community and it is has a lot of helpful info and a lot of great members. I am a member and a moderator of a few other forums (SMD Fourm, Droidfourms.net, & Android.net). I am proud to become a part of the community. I have joined with one main question in mind. I got a Ruger 10/22 with a black composite stock and stainless barrel. It is a fun gun to shoot and go plinking with but it is nothing to look at. I am also wanting a little more versatility and more a comfortable/ergonomic feel while target shooting with it. I was looking at the Archangel Stock at Cabela's but I am not sure whether I should just use the same trigger assembly and barrel and convert the stock or whether I should just buy an all new rifle. What would be some good options for a tactical 10/22 or 22/250? Anyone have any experience with converting the hardware of a 10/22 into a tactical rifle?

Archangle stock/kit: Cabela's: Archangel™ 10/22 Standard Rifle System

The Ruger 10/22 I am talking about

The Hardware

What I am currently shooting. Anything better with a low price per 100?

Thanks for any input,
-James

· Registered
7,193 Posts
Howdy and welcome

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate it there hippy. Once I get this 10/22 where I want it I got a 9mm Glock G17 and a 5.56 rifle on my list. Haven't decided on the 5.56 but it will be a ways off. I have gone from mostly hunting to a lot of target shooting so I figure it may be time to add to the collection.

· Registered
7,193 Posts
I appreciate it there hippy. Once I get this 10/22 where I want it I got a 9mm Glock G17 and a 5.56 rifle on my list. Haven't decided on the 5.56 but it will be a ways off. I have gone from mostly hunting to a lot of target shooting so I figure it may be time to add to the collection.
It`s a very addicting hobby. I started out at the first of the year to get 2 or 3 more to add to mine, I`ve bought 12 so far.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to meet you Snafu and Underdog. Are you the same Snafu that is over on SMD forums? Also you arent lyin there hippy once it gets in your blood its hard to stop adding to the collection. Wish I had the funds to add 12 in a year though haha. One reason I am trying to get a good .22 set up is it is affordable to shoot and you can shoot for the good part of a day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.