National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Marcello, I'm from Sardinia (Italy). Thanks for the addition to the forum, I love guns, shooting and, when I can, hunting. I hope to have a nice exchange of views with all of you!
I own a Colt series 80, a Savage 1907, an Izmash Saiga M3, a Beretta 121, a Ruger Deerstalker and 2 double barrel Beretta.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,911 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,708 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

Reactions: Arselo90

·
Premium Member
7,554 Posts
Chow from New Jersey, USA! Sounds like a nice little collection. Love the deer stalker!

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes! But I hope I can grow it!
Do you own a deerstalker? I love it too... It is little, short and powerfull! A very good gun for hunting in the wood.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Greetings from the GREAT WHITE NORTH and welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
7,554 Posts
Yes! But I hope I can grow it!
Do you own a deerstalker? I love it too... It is little, short and powerfull! A very good gun for hunting in the wood.
I am trying to choose between two that my local gun store has and then I have to put together the money because I have been spending too much lately. I just agreed to buy a Russian SKS and am going away on an expensive hunting trip. The Local wants $700. For the Deer Slayer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! 700$! Is it still in production in America? I thought that the deerstalker was more cheaper in the US... Here in Italy, you can buy it for 300-500 € in the "used market".
How are you with SKS?

·
Premium Member
7,554 Posts
Wow! 700$! Is it still in production in America? I thought that the deerstalker was more cheaper in the US... Here in Italy, you can buy it for 300-500 € in the "used market".
How are you with SKS?
The Ruger Deer Slayer is not in production anymore and is highly prized with the deer hunters like me. I have a Chinese SKS and am getting a Russian one next week for $375. Surplus guns can be a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
7,554 Posts
My mistake. The gun I’m talking about is the Deer Stalker not the Deer Slayer. The Ruger Deer Stalker is a semi automatic.44 caliber rifle and is no longer in production. The Deer Slayer is a Ithaca shotgun and a great gun that is still in production.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok! I've the DeerStalker .44 Mag. But I'd likè to have an Ithaca shotgun, but here is very difficult found it.
375 $ is a good price for a russian SKS... Now, here in Italy, the prices of the russian surplus guns are tripled or quadrupled after the economic sanctions against Russia. A few years ago you can find a mosin for 90-110 € , a SKS for 200-250 € , Tokarev rifle for 300 and pistol for 75 €.
Is the 7,62x39 a good cartridge for deer hunting?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Texas.
I did not know gun ownership was legal on your island? Glad to know it is.
What do y'all hunt in Sardinia?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well...We have the same gun laws of Italy:
The Italian gun laws are very different from the US gun laws; they were written in the fascist era and expanded by a bunch of incompetens burocrats that who didn't even know what they talking about in the middle of the seventies. In Italy the gun own and carry isn't a right but a concession, most common for the own, very difficult for the carry.
We can't have:
- machine guns,
- .50 bmg rifles
- suppressors;
The magazines are limitated to 10 cartridge for long guns and 20 for short guns, but is possible to have mags with more cartridge for the sport shooters,
there is a limitation of the number of any type of guns (3 "common guns" - 12 "sport guns" - 8 "aged and rare guns" - illimitated hunting guns) and cartridge (only 200 handgun shells and 1000 rifle shells and max 5 kg of powder) but that is possible own more guns only for collectors (with special license) and more cartridge for sport shooters (with special license).
The only good things that we have compared to the US ares that we can have short barrel rifle and shotgun without special license and with the license for own guns we can buy all the guns that we want without do the background check.

In Sardinia we hunt the locals hogs (sus scrofa meridionalis), hares and more kinds of birds. Deer hunting is prohibited in Sardinia 'cause the Sardinian Deer is a protected species.

And in Texas, What do y'all hunt?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts