National Gun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fess up guys, can your wife outshoot you? Does she have the better vision and concentration on the target and trigger pull?

Tough on the ole ego to admit it but its OK to tell us, you are among friends?

My first wife knocked over a can at about 60 yards with my Colt Gold Cup National Match the first time she shot it so I made her stay at home after that little caper and took my neighbor who I could outshoot while drunk!

Lets hear the stories?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
sig232 said:
I made her stay at home after that little caper and took my neighbor who I could outshoot while drunk!

Lets hear the stories?
I think I can outshoot the wife when she's drunk.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gunrnr said:
sig232 said:
I made her stay at home after that little caper and took my neighbor who I could outshoot while drunk!

Lets hear the stories?
I think I can outshoot the wife when she's drunk.

Important rule of Thumb: Never give a firearm to a drunk wife!! ;) ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
...oh, I forgot that one...

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drunk wife, with a gun will shoot you! You see, they never, never forget the bad things that you do and when drunk they all seem to bubble to the surface. Even stuff that happend 10-15 years prior. ;) ;)

G

·
My wife has always out shot me with a pistol!!! To really dig her spurs in she says"it's just like pointing your finger"!!!!! 'Mo :mrgreen:

G

·
Not married yet, but the girlfriend can't outshoot me. She's a damn good shot and better than a lot of my friends, but not better than me :lol: I definitely give her kudos for being as good of a shot as she is though -I

G

·
My 25 year old daughter can outshoot me with a Ruger Single Six .22/.22mag.
On the larger calibers she flinches. I afraid that once her big brother fixes that.....I'm screwed. :roll:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Mrs. E does not share my interest in firearms. I don't think she has ever picked one up. Which is okay with me - with ammo prices the way they are, I would be broke if we both went to the range!

E

·
Registered
569 Posts
My wife can't out-shoot me (I practice more) but she can against my brother...lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm retired military and have been around firearms all my life.

My wife has only been shooting about 3 years.

Yea, she's a better shot with a handgun. Now she has started about learning to shoot the AR.

:lol:

G

·
My wife and I are both military cops and usually shoot at the same time with about 10 other people. There is always a joke going on about it. With my eye sight getting worse, she beat me with the M4, it was so frustrating last time. I just got a perscription for eyeglasses 2 months ago, so she probably won't beat me again. She never beat me with the M9 beretta, which i usually am one of the best or the best when we shoot for qualification. I am a "marksman" with the M4 and M9 in the Air Force which isn't too difficult to get i think but you'd be surprised. But all in all, she's a good shot, i've just got more shooting experience than her.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
stud7024 said:
My wife and I are both military cops and usually shoot at the same time with about 10 other people. There is always a joke going on about it. With my eye sight getting worse, she beat me with the M4, it was so frustrating last time. I just got a perscription for eyeglasses 2 months ago, so she probably won't beat me again. She never beat me with the M9 beretta, which i usually am one of the best or the best when we shoot for qualification. I am a "marksman" with the M4 and M9 in the Air Force which isn't too difficult to get i think but you'd be surprised. But all in all, she's a good shot, i've just got more shooting experience than her.
You reminded me of a story from many years ago. I was a Small Arms Instructor in the AF (1972-76) and I was on a long TDY to Cannon AFB, New Mexico. My first wife used to like to hang out around the range and classroom and back then, that was OK. When it was quiet we used to let her shoot the M-16 and the handguns, plus a few of the other toys. She got pretty good, pretty quick. Every once in a while, when there was a student who just couldn't qualify and couldn't quite understand our instructions as to HOW to qualify, we'd put her in the shooting lane right next to "problem child". That girl would hit center mass dang near every time. "Problem Child" invariably couldn't stand the humiliation and would promptly qualify on his next try. It worked with female shooters too. A WAF wouldn't let a CIVILIAN girl outshoot her...NO WAY!

G

·
gunrnr said:
stud7024 said:
You reminded me of a story from many years ago. I was a Small Arms Instructor in the AF (1972-76) and I was on a long TDY to Cannon AFB, New Mexico. My first wife used to like to hang out around the range and classroom and back then, that was OK. When it was quiet we used to let her shoot the M-16 and the handguns, plus a few of the other toys. She got pretty good, pretty quick. Every once in a while, when there was a student who just couldn't qualify and couldn't quite understand our instructions as to HOW to qualify, we'd put her in the shooting lane right next to "problem child". That girl would hit center mass dang near every time. "Problem Child" invariably couldn't stand the humiliation and would promptly qualify on his next try. It worked with female shooters too. A WAF wouldn't let a CIVILIAN girl outshoot her...NO WAY!
It's part of my motivation i guess you could say. And the whole saving my life part.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts