National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is following the beating death of a man from Oregon recently.

Over 40,000 visitors to Mexico each year fly directly out of Portland Oregon. Nearly 19.5 Million people visit Mexico each year from the US and tourism is Mexico's third largest source of foreign revenue.

Is Mexico unsafe and are their police lawless and crooked??

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I don't understand the big attraction to that place. I can get good Mex food without going there. I here kidnapping is big there also. :yikes1:

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
This is following the beating death of a man from Oregon recently.

Over 40,000 visitors to Mexico each year fly directly out of Portland Oregon. Nearly 19.5 Million people visit Mexico each year from the US and tourism is Mexico's third largest source of foreign revenue.

Is Mexico unsafe and are their police lawless and crooked??
Is ANYWHERE safe? As in any situation, you need to know where you are and what is around you. Certain areas in any country (USA included) will require you to ratchet up your "alert" condition. You can never be sure but if you take precautions then you can be safe and enjoy anywhere you travel.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
The whole country is corrupt, from the senior pols down to the police--or ESPECIALLY the police.

Try to sneak in over their southern border and you will be shot.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
The whole country is corrupt, from the senior pols down to the police--or ESPECIALLY the police.

Try to sneak in over their southern border and you will be shot.
Yes, that is true but you can just stroll across at the MacAllen/Reynosa border. It is not difficult at all to cross just don't get caught with a firearm or a knife the police would consider a weapon. It would not go good for you. I have been to Mexico many times on business and pleasure (Tiajuana) and have never had a problem. I have been assaulted in both Chicago and San Francisco.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Juarez, Mexico, across from El Paso, Texas is not now safe. There is a drug war going on there.
Over 900 people, a lot of them police officers, have been killed already this year.

The press has publicized statements that the war is about to spill over the border into El Paso
and southern New Mexico. So don't go to Mexico.

Also remember that not only guns are outlawed there, but ammunition as well. There have been
U.S. citizens arrested and imprisoned for nothing more than having a box of .22 ammunition
in the trunk of their car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts