National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dog attacks can be very dangerous! I have heard of them running in packs in the wilds of the NW and becoming a challenge for hunters.

I carry a small handgun when walking or hiking in the city and wonder if any of you have had to use your guns to defend against attacks.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I have not shot a dog yet in my life, but there is always time to start. J/K

I would shoot one if I was being attacked, no questions asked. My life, I choose who can take it.

·
Banned
818 Posts
My dad had to shoot my old pet Taz because he was getting too mean and was a threat to my little brother.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maser said:
My dad had to shoot my old pet Taz because he was getting too mean and was a threat to my little brother.

Well that is sad story, sorry to hear about that unhappy ending. Sometimes dogs just can't seem to fit into the social family that they are with. I had a boxer that became a big problem and my dad gave the dog away to someone with a better enviorment for the animal. Not a fun experience but it was a better alternative for the dog than getting shot.

·
Banned
818 Posts
Actually, I feel it was more my fault if anything. See, I just stopped spending time with Taz and kept him chained up all the time while I hung out with friends. It's not like I abused him and didn't feed him or give him water. It's just I wasn't social with him like I used to be. What my dad did was the best thing though. Taz had taken on a new lifestyle and would NOT of been safe to be put up for adoption and most likely would of ended up spending his last days in the kenal and being put to sleep anyways. I do miss him, but will NEVER forget the fun times we had and the many walks I took him on.

Btw, that pic of me and Taz is old. I was only 12 in that pic and now I'm 17. :D

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Baldy said:
I have shot a lot of dogs and I am a dog owner and always have been. Dogs pack in the inter city's too. I was just about an early morning breakfast for a pack of about 6 or 8 in all places Chicago, Ill. :evil:
Baldy, glad to see that you weren't B-Fast! Just dial 911 and wait for the Chicago Police. They do not mind shooting wild dogs but you better not have a handgun or YOU will be the one in trouble.

I did not have to shoot a dog but one time I shot my brother-in-law's pet raccoon. It had bitten me a week previously and was out in the yard before we went hunting. It came at me and I shot the [email protected] thing before it could bite me again. My BLaw was very upset but could see that I was just as angry. He never confronted me on it and it was a good thing for him! :twisted:

G

·
0 Posts
taylor said:
no but I,ve shot a mess of *****
same here, I share too deep a bond with my hunting dogs to shoot them. But ***** on the other hand ... :twisted:

L

·
0 Posts
only 2. one was mine after he attacked a kid and the other tried to attack me in my drive way.

D

·
0 Posts
I've had multiple pet dogs since I was a baby.

I've shot one of my own when he was hit by a car and had his back broken, and two threatening dogs.

When I was a kid at my Uncle's farm in Pennslyvania, he would frequently have packs of feral dogs roaming around the tree lines. He would have me shoot them with an open-sighted .30-06. Most shots were 300+ yards, and I missed most of them.

Doug

W

·
0 Posts
Never in self defense, when I get out of my vehicle doing a home inspection I carry a 26" Asp baton. I always ask the home owner to put their dog up unless it's an old slobber hound. One day a pit bull broke his chain and came for me. I snapped out the baton and he paused for thought, the owner quickly grabbed him and put him in the pen.
Walking one night for exercise I carried my 4 cell maglight. A jerk saw me and opened the door and let her attack dog out. I caught him up side the head with the light and lulled him to sleep.
The owner came out yelling that I would be arrested. I beat her to it, called 911, responding officer cited her for failure to obey the leash law. LOL :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts