National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If so, please post your thoughts. I havn't yet because it would involve driving hundreds of mile. When one is close, I'll go.

Update here based upon first couple of posts: The Appleseed program is a grass roots program started a couple years ago with the goal of teaching men, women and youngsters to become riflemen. If you get Shotgun News, read all about it in Freds columns. If you get SGN and don't read the column every issue, shame on you because you're missing something good. You can also learn all about it at http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ . To the webmaster, if posting the link violates policy, I apologize for doing so.

I shoot the AQT's often and it ain't that easy folks.

S.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
If so, please post your thoughts. I havn't yet because it would involve driving hundreds of mile. When one is close, I'll go.

Duh! A what??

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Maybe this:

Welcome to the Appleseed Project
What the RWVA (Revolutionary War Veterans Association) is all about:
The Appleseed Program is designed to take you from being a simple rifle owner to being a true rifleman. All throughout American history, the rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting a man-sized target from 500 yards away — no ifs, ands or buts about it. This 500-yard range is traditionally known as "the rifleman's quarter-mile;" a rifleman can hit just about any target he can see. This skill was particulary evident in the birth of our country, and was the difference in winning the Revolutionary War.
So why me?
This country was founded and won by riflemen who fought and beat British forces. We invite all interested marksmen to learn the skills and techniques necessary to shoot proficiently; and then hope you'll participate in teaching and practicing with others so that together we can save this great land. Why you? Well, that's simple: if you're on this page we're betting you're a patriot, and we hope you answer the call.
What's a rifleman?
In short, a rifleman is an armed American, trained in the tradition of American Liberty. It's a man who has learned to shoot a rifle accurately — accurate enough to score "expert" on the Army Qualification Course. Until you can do that, you're considered a "Cook," unprepared and unqualified to carry a rifle on the firing line of freedom. But after attending an Appleseed AQT shoot, you'll have the credentials necessary to be a true rifleman, and will understand the critical need for defending freedom in this country.
The RWVA is dedicated to the Appleseed Program and encourages every American to learn to shoot.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Hrm, sounds fun. 500 yard shots. :33:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Never heard of it.

Sounds interesting.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
I have "heard" of the Appleseed Project. Their rifle shooting instruction cannot be faulted. Be prepared for an extreme right-wing political indoctrination in addition to the shooting instruction.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Never heard of it. Don't really care for the far right-wing indoctrination stuff, but the shoot sounds like fun.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
A moderate Right-Wing indoctrination might be OK but no dunk tank?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I remember when I was about 16, I got invited to a get-together of some type and I was assured that I'd "meet lots of girls". Well, hell's bells, I was showered and ready to go in about 3 minutes flat. It ended up being a John Birch Society meeting. That was definitely not fun.

To make it even less fun, the girls were all there with their daddies.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll keep my eye out and see if there are any of those things out this way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have "heard" of the Appleseed Project. Their rifle shooting instruction cannot be faulted. Be prepared for an extreme right-wing political indoctrination in addition to the shooting instruction.
So...have you been to one or is this info coming from somewhere else? Just curious. Right wing sounds about right though.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Extreme right wing philosophy doesn't do it for me. At its best, it bolsters the negative stereotypes put on conservative beliefs. At its worst, it leads to governments as bad as those which we fear.

Everything in moderation (that, from a political junkie!).

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Be prepared for an extreme right-wing political indoctrination in addition to the shooting instruction.
Is that what happened to me???...or maybe I should apply for an instructors job there.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Extreme right wing philosophy doesn't do it for me. At its best, it bolsters the negative stereotypes put on conservative beliefs. At its worst, it leads to governments as bad as those which we fear.

Everything in moderation (that, from a political junkie!).

Well, I wouldn't call myself an extremist!

I'm just believe very adamantly in traditional family values, and the preservation of individual rights.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
That's where I am, philosophically. The "Extreme" right wing goes much farther than that. If Communism would be an example of "Extreme Left Wing", perhaps Fascism (e.g., Nazis) would be an example of "Extreme Right Wing". That leaves a tremendous amount of political space between the two.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I was putzing around n their website, and there's no inferrence of any political leanings.

They have a page for their newsletters, but only July 2007 is posted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts