National Gun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
eXXit said:
semi or bolt :?: what was the stalk like...how long did U track :?:
Lever ;)

The first few days we were there we hunted (my Grandfather and I) in tree stands, we only saw a wolf while there. Then one day the guy we were with hunted with the dogs and got one, 250lbs, he had gone back in a very small cave. We were both using the same guns, Marlin .35 Rem., he made his levergun sound like a semi-auto :lol:, I bet he shot seven or eight times. And the first time he shot, the guy holding the dogs fell backwards. We thought he had caught a ricochet and it turned out that the dogs were just to strong for him :lol:

I'd say we chased my kill for three or four hours, in the process the guide lost the dogs and we had to drive around trying to pick them up on his radar collar thing. We went through one creek, water started coming in under the doors in his truck. Then we got to one long straight dirt road with a swamp off to the left. The guide said that the bear was about to cross the swamp and he'd coming running across the road. Well, he did, and he stopped for a split second and looked at us and that's when I shot, then the guide shot (he went by whoever hit it first was the one whose it belonged to, and I agreed.) Our shots were about an inch apart and hit right around his shoulder. The bear ran about twenty yard off the road and we chased him behind the dogs, when we got back there he was laying on his back trying to fight off the dogs, the guide told me to step in and shoot him in the back of the head. And that's what I did, and theres my 350 pound black bear. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Bait it, call it and wait, its all about shot placement. :---
hit just to the left of his eye, dropped his ass like a ton of bricks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
eXXit said:
[quote="Gunny the Gun":08500]Bait it, call it and wait, its all about shot placement.
What do u use for bait :?:
Meat nailed about 7 feet off the ground, he sat up to get that steak and WHAM he goes down :cool:[/quote:08500]

Awesome. :lol:

The bait under our stands were 55 gallon drums with meat in them and a lid on the top.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.