National Gun Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be hypothetical for most members, but perhaps not. I would imagine that there are a few members that have never filled out a 4473 form (NICS background check). Let us assume that the buyer has absolutely no criminal record whatsoever. What I am wondering is this:

What are the pros and cons of owning firearms that have all been bought in a private sale, or prior to the NICS check?.

And...

If you had never had to undergo a background check to buy a firearm, would it bother you to start now, or would you stick to private sales?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
none.

the only record is at the gun store and if those ever get rounded up and filed...... well then your boned but there are about 22 million gun owners that wont let that happen

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
None that I can see, unless your state has some sort of prohibition against it. I have sold and bought guns from private individuals. It is real simple, at the end of the transaction you both write each other a receipt. Period. Unlike a professsional gunshop and this is a big strecth to show them liable, you have no liability if the gun you sell is used wrongfully. Conversly, if the gun you bought was stolen, then you are in possession of stolen property which is a different ball of wax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts