National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not noticed here in southern OK as I have not been looking for it. I fortunately don't need to look for it right now as I believe I have enough to survive this pandemic in case somebody wants to rob my castle for TP.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,252 Posts
Those who are buying/hoarding ammo, do so because the fear either a government ban on guns/ammo or a breakdown of society.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
The only ammo I buy is 9mm. I have a good supply of HST and plinking stuff.

Reloading components have been in short supply for awhile now (powder) I picked up four 8lb jugs of RL16 and have four 8lbers of H4350 on order if/when it comes back in stock. :crazy:

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those who are buying/hoarding ammo, do so because the fear either a government ban on guns/ammo or a breakdown of society.
Maybe the COVID-19 scare isn't affecting guns/ammo sales so much then. I will be sufficiently armed for security through this pandemic in case crime goes up.

·
Aim true !
10,258 Posts
I been buying 22 ammo since it loosened up. So now i can plink away and wait out this new panic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ammo sales are through the roof with firearms sales. NICs has been so overloaded its been crashing and taking 2 hours to process and many are delayed. LA Sheriff just ordered guns stores to close as nonessential and Wake county NC sheriff just stopped pistol purchase permits, CCW Permits, and CCW classes from being processed and done. 75 percent of it is first time gun buyers, panic buyers, and people who used to be anti gun now wanting protection.

·
Genius in Training
488 Posts
I work retail now and I can confirm we are selling way more ammo than we used to.

·
Barney
107 Posts
A local gun store is self rationing the number of guns they will sell and the amount of ammo. I guess the thinking is that it is great to make a pile of money, but they don't want to close down their businesses because they can't restock and then their regulars find other places to shop. I guess the big box stores don't worry about that, but a small locally owned gun store it is important. I mean, this is all going to be over with eventually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts