National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we a had the choice to vote a handgun of the year. What would you choose and why. I wont give my opinion because I really think all guns should be won :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
perry said:
If we a had the choice to vote a handgun of the year. What would you choose and why. I wont give my opinion because I really think all guns should be won :cool:
Thats easy for me, Glock 20. A 165gr. 10mm round flying at 1400 fps.? With 15 shots? No comparison! Perfect 10! I will never sell mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good gun eddie. I'm not to sure I agree with it being the best gun of the year though. I took my time while shooting the Glock and was impressed. The gun I was impressed more by was the Taurus. I hate to say it but they are one of the top gun manufactures now. They have a great price tag on them and shoot excellant. I would go with the Taurus pt 145 pro because of its price, durablity, and its accuaracy. A lot of people down the Taurus but I on the other hand find them to be a exceptional weapon. I would trust a Taurus. I have shot more than 3k rounds through my Taurus with NO grief whatsoever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is sort of like "What's the hottest babe you've ever seen?"

What are the critera?

Springfield XD has been winning the gun magazine awards for "gun of the year." -- based on design, innovation, features.

I have one. I think the troops should carry an XD, 45 ACP. Put a laser sight on it and build a military holster around it.

But I'd never carry one "concealed."

I'm a big fan of 12 Gauge shotguns. Coach Guns for the most part. That or the AK-47, which is hard to beat.

10 Zillion Muslim terrorists can't be wrong!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My "handgun of the year" so far, is a Springfield XD-45. The reason I say this, is because it is literally my handgun of the year. I vow to buy at least 1 handgun, and 1 long gun every year. I have everything else, so I got an XD-45.

When I go to buy, I don't say, "gee, which model Glock\Sig\HK, do I not have" and then by another caliber of firearm I have. I say "what do I not have", where are the holes in my armory? This year, the hole was the XD. Next year (if not sooner), the FN 5.7. The year after that, a Sig 1911.

After I get them all, I might start getting a second of the same model I already have.

That said, the XD-45 went straight to "preferred" status, up there with my Kimber and P-99.

Otherwise, I think "handgun of the year" to the rag writers would typically be something somewhat new to the market, and having buzz around about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts