National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have experience hunting with their pistola? I dont currently hunt, but want to start, with a handgun. Here in Arkansas, I see deer all the time, and I doesnt look like much of a challange to get one with a rifle...I could be (and probably am) naive on this issue.

Travis, If you start a hunting section, feel free to move this thread.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
I was still hunting on a fence line with my .44 mag when this coyote came down the deer trail about 10 yds in front of me. I sprayed him across the woods... :---

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live out in the county, about ten minutes from town, I see deer everyday justabout. A few times I have come to a complete stop on the road to watch them play. I swear, I coulda pulled my carry gun out and bagged one several times. I bet on opening day its a different story.

G

·
Went three times hunting boar with my Ruger Super Redhawk. Did it in Tioga, PA with my son. He used a Blackhawk in 357 with hot loads. Great time!

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
The whole idea of hunting is the one shot kill. Stalking in and tracking the animal is 2/3s of the hunt,1/3 is the shot you take. You have to work to get with in the killing zone. Anybody can take pot shots that are out of range and wound the animal. Hunting out of tree stands on known deer trails will fill your freezer if you do your home work.
No reason why you can't start with a good handgun. IMHO I would use nothing less than a .44mag or pumped up .45 Colt for deer size animals. I have taken hogs with .357mags with one shot kills. You just have to learn patience and get close enough to get the job done. Good Luck. :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts